Mongoose V6 razor - one for the wishlist?

I've seen this razor a few times on my facebook feed from ' The big shave' and I quite like what I see, a functional head cap/plate design in stainless steel using the feather artist club blades and due to its design it uses a standard razor handle. So far, so very good then.

This isn't isn't the fabled huntlee, apparently the mongoose is a project from someone in Florida and by all accounts it isn't generally available yet, but I wondered if anyone (especially our friends across the water) had any info about release date, roughly how many kidneys I'd need to harvest as payment etc as information on this razor is pretty thin on the ground. I'd post some pics but they are not mine to post, if you poke about, pictures are to be found of it.

Anyone got any more information on this very interesting product?

pugh-the-special-one said:
Certainly looks a few steps up in quality compared to the new Cobra for sure.

Having just shelled out nearly £200 on the Cobra, it pains me to agree. The Mongoose looks the business.

barlines said:
Johnnie Stark said:
Does anyone know when it is slated for release?

Big shave suggests pretty soon now, better start saving up.

What is the Big Shave?

Johnnie Stark said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
Certainly looks a few steps up in quality compared to the new Cobra for sure.

Having just shelled out nearly £200 on the Cobra, it pains me to agree. The Mongoose looks the business.

barlines said:
Johnnie Stark said:
Does anyone know when it is slated for release?

Big shave suggests pretty soon now, better start saving up.

What is the Big Shave?

Its a group on facebook and their updates appear on my feed

There seems to be lots of very skilled members on this forum, it would be great if we could get a British made " Cobra Type " single blade razor that is made to a higher standard than the Cobra. And also avoid all the hipe very time a few come on the market. Keeping my finger crossed.

This is a head only design which is currently being manufactured by BRUCE WEBER. it will be available soon and can be fitted into mostly all DE handles.

It'll be interesting to see the price point it comes in at. I'm really surprised no one has challenged the cobra classic before now. I would have thought Ikon razors would have bought out an alternative a long time a go.

Back
Top Bottom