Monsavon Shaving Soap

So happy am I with how my Monsavon turned out I have started another batch, should be ready around Chirstmas, this time I added lanolin, coconut oil, Shea butter, coco butter but no perfume oil. Four weeks to dry eight weeks curing in the tin, a perfect winter shaving soap with a fab post shave feel, no extra post shave product needed. :)

Last edited:
I shaved tonight with my "remix" on a two day beard using a Schick I 2 injector with a once used NOS Gillette Platinum Plus blade and it was simply spectacular as usual. Effortlessly scythed through the growth as smoothly as snot moves on a brass doorknob. This "remix" lathers like no tomorrow and there is quite frankly nothing more I could ask of it. I will add that I have never used a better soap and only a mere handful are at this level. I should make some more batches in the future using another fragrance.

Question: although Le Père Lucien soap is non-tallow I am curious if his is at this level? If he were to make this tallow formula per his own instructions he would rule the shaving world. ;)

Back
Top Bottom