Morning!

Underscore said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
as far as using one blade all week well again not to sure if that's a good idea, I will only use a blade four times regardless if I think it will go another shave or not

To be fair, today has only taken the blade to 6 passes and, since I sport a goatee and sideburns, each pass is little more than half a real pass - so it has really only just snuck past a single full three-pass shave. I'm reckoning on changing the blade each weekend unless it feels like it's getting dull before then.

And, as for the rest of the welcome posts, I'm repeating to myself: I don't need more than one razor/brush/soap. We'll see how long that lasts! :icon_lol:

_

keep a spare brush, its not nice when you have to make do with a cheepo one from supermarket

shanky887614 said:
Underscore said:
And, as for the rest of the welcome posts, I'm repeating to myself: I don't need more than one razor/brush/soap. We'll see how long that lasts! :icon_lol:

keep a spare brush, its not nice when you have to make do with a cheepo one from supermarket

And you, sir, are a bad influence.

Don't think that I don't see what you're doing: oh, but you need a second brush in case your main brush fails catastrophically.

Next it'll be: but you've got a second brush so you need a second soap to go with it.

And, before long: You've got two brushes and two soaps so, obviously, you need a second razor so that you have two sets.

I only need one brush,
I only need one brush,
I only need one brush... well, maybe one main brush and a travel brush...

_

Underscore said:
shanky887614 said:
Underscore said:

And you, sir, are a bad influence.

Don't think that I don't see what you're doing: oh, but you need a second brush in case your main brush fails catastrophically.

Next it'll be: but you've got a second brush so you need a second soap to go with it.

And, before long: You've got two brushes and two soaps so, obviously, you need a second razor so that you have two sets.

I only need one brush,
I only need one brush,
I only need one brush... well, maybe one main brush and a travel brush...

_

i only say it because first brush failed, i liked it so i had to buy a horrible one from supermarket

i have 2 brushes,2 soaps,2 straights,1 shavvete,30 double sided blades,1 strop (forgot canadien sharpening stone (useless),and some strop paste)

one of thoese brushes is terible but i dont want to get rid of it because it is better than nothing

the other soap "wilkinsons" has been in the bottem of a draw since june/jully

Hello and welcome to the forum, Underscore! :)

There is a good argument for having a second brush, because they should be allowed to dry out properly, well so the accepted wisdom goes anyway. As for additional razors, soaps, aftershaves and so on - well there's no need for them, but that's the way it'll wind up sure as eggs is eggs.

Welcome.

And yes, you only need one brush, one razor, one soap. But it is sooo intruiging to try out those others.. so I ended up with a futur, ej89, flare tip,slim adjustable, 39, everready and hopefully soon, some oc and way too many brushes and dont get me started on soaps. I lost count. This after years (>10) of using just one of each...

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Welcome to TSR underscore. If you want to save yourself from the slippery floors of Acquisition Disorders, the for heavens sakes, keep out of the BST section and never read anti of the weekly acquisitions posts nor the shave of the day posts, those are both littered with photos of shiny razors and fluffy shaving brushes...

Enjoy your stay here!

P.S. Nanny's soaps are well worth a go, great scents and fantastic performance, plus, they're a lot better value that some of the bigger names (and a good as, if not better better performing too!)

Back
Top Bottom