Most over rated razor...

I beg to differ on anyone stating that non-zamac razors made from stainless steel ,titanium or aluminium are over rated.

These metals also introduced the concept of high tolerance and new computer designed heads which took shaving tools to a whole level.

For sake of compare I look at the fit and finish of my Rockwell 6S/6C or Razorock razors such as Wunderbar, mamba ,Ti Babysmooth, Hawk V2 and the Ikon range of shavcraft heads. The quality of the razor and well designed geometry has changed the game for the better. So much that Muhle introduced the Roca.

Yes I can say that my EJ, Muhle , Parker and Pearl brass / zamac razors deliver great shaves - however new technology has given an artistic appeal as well as accuracy/tolerances not seen before in traditional wet shaving which cannot be discounted .

By that compare, Merkur and EJ / Muhle all zamac hollow handle razors are over rated / over priced compare to all brass fatip/Parker and Pearl razors.

Rather rephrase as any razor above a certain price point with a given metal and manufacturing process is over rated. For me it's $100 for stainless steel /Ti and 50$ for Zamac / Brass razors .

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on anyone stating that non-zamac razors made from stainless steel ,titanium or aluminium are over rated.

These metals also introduced the concept of high tolerance and new computer designed heads which took shaving tools to a whole level.

For sake of compare I look at the fit and finish of my Rockwell 6S/6C or Razorock razors such as Wunderbar, mamba ,Ti Babysmooth, Hawk V2 and the Ikon range of shavcraft heads. The quality of the razor and well designed geometry has changed the game for the better. So much that Muhle introduced the Roca.

Yes I can say that my EJ, Muhle , Parker and Pearl brass / zamac razors deliver great shaves - however new technology has given an artistic appeal as well as accuracy/tolerances not seen before in traditional wet shaving which cannot be discounted .

By that compare, Merkur and EJ / Muhle all zamac hollow handle razors are over rated / over priced compare to all brass fatip/Parker and Pearl razors.

Rather rephrase as any razor above a certain price point with a given metal and manufacturing process is over rated. For me it's $100 for stainless steel /Ti and 50$ for Zamac / Brass razors .

And yet it was according to Gareth the desire for tighter tolerances that spurred the switch back to Zamac for the new Rockwell adjustable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And yet it was according to Gareth the desire for tighter tolerances that spurred the switch back to Zamac for the new Rockwell adjustable.

Well bowled sir ! :)

But I gather it was more to do with price point and in the money zamac would be only option as SS broke through the roof.

Well bowled sir ! :)

But I gather it was more to do with price point and in the money zamac would be only option as SS broke through the roof.

Yes, practicality does figure in to the choices made.

Back
Top Bottom