Move over Simpson, Rooney & Vulfix, here comes.....

Knayton Hall!!

img0111fo.jpg

img0112st.jpg

img0114pa.jpg

Now, i am no expert on brushes far from it, but who am i to argue with the fact that this brush (according to the blurb on the box) comes from a heritage of some 500 years :shock: :? Yep, 500 years to make something so terrible - i nearly bought it out of morbid curiosity ;)

I am thinking of a new business adventure to compliment Fido, a shaving cream made from the Essential Oils of Camel Shit :hungrig

I will call it 'RAMESES II'* with heritage of 4,000 years - so beneficial skinwise you'll not only look dead good - you'll look good dead!!

*100% of 1 tester thought this product would make them more attractive to necrophiliacs.

moodymick said:
I am thinking of a new business adventure to compliment Fido, a shaving cream made from the Essential Oils of Camel Shit :hungrig

I will call it 'RAMESES II'* with heritage of 4,000 years - so beneficial skinwise you'll not only look dead good - you'll look good dead!!

*100% of 1 tester thought this product would make them more attractive to necrophiliacs.

I actually spat my beer out reading this post and roared with laughter, that is f*****g superb mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hay i bought the brush and razor with stand set. but only paid a tenner and done it for the stand. So if anyone wants to try out a crap brush PM me and i will PIF it. If you want a real laugh go to the website on the back of the box. IT DOES NOT EVEN EXSIST. :cool: :lol: :lol:

moodymick said:
Knayton Hall!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7757/img0111fo.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7757/img0111fo.jpg</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7610/img0112st.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7610/img0112st.jpg</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/979/img0114pa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/979/img0114pa.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Now, i am no expert on brushes far from it, but who am i to argue with the fact that this brush (according to the blurb on the box) comes from a heritage of some 500 years :shock: :? Yep, 500 years to make something so terrible - i nearly bought it out of morbid curiosity ;)

Holy moly! Thank you for that my friend you sir killed me!
faint.gif

I very much look forward to your review is this pure badger? I don't know what "RRP" is I surmise that's MSRP and on sale at 9GBP.

picked up one of the sets myself.. purely for the stand. The brush and razor handle are sitting here... if anyone wants them... let me know :)

Just Googled Knayton Hall. The first thing to come up was a thread on Money Saver Expert. And I quote:

"my best bargain was knayton hall box was 200 pounds now 5pounds!"

Now to me a bargain is only a bargain if it's actually any good. I cannot believe anything that can be sold for 2.5% of its RRP is worth anywhere near it's original selling price. There is another thread (think it's about breadmakers) that mentions MSE. Most of the crap these 'money savers' appear to buy is complete false economy. I've tried searching on there for threads about traditional shaving, but all I come up with is stuff about cheap cartridges. :roll:

oh believe me when i say the brush is the worst piece of c**p ive ever seen, and the razor handle isnt even as good as the one gilette give you with the fusion blades its supposed to take. Its alarmingly poor. But given the cost of razor/brush combined stands these days (e.g. £40+) it was worth every penny of its £10 to me just for the stand, which is now holding my new forest 2201 and my merkur :)

The brush.... I wouldnt even use it to clean dust out of my car

My wife found one of these in TK's the other week - she approached me and said 'they are joking right? looks like a piece of crap' ..
Yups - utter junk and with a false RRP to swiftly try and get rid of it.

Pig Cat said:
Just Googled Knayton Hall. The first thing to come up was a thread on Money Saver Expert. And I quote:

"my best bargain was knayton hall box was 200 pounds now 5pounds!"..........

Good day, gentlemen. Sorry to burst in and exhume an old topic with my debut post — but the first thing to come up when I googled Knayton Hall was this very thread. :)

Actually, apart from a handful of links to TK Maxx and someone noting that they'd found some in the bathroom of a B&B they'd stayed at, this is about the only place it comes up at all. So anyone who gets off on making people stammer might care to phone up the TK Maxx head office and ask where they plucked the RRPs from for these products.

I bought a bottle of Knayton Hall aftershave balm from TK Maxx last week. It was allegedly marked down from £36, which suggested that Knayton Hall is one of those health spas where they flog bog-standard stuff at think-of-a-number prices to punters who are happy to self-congratulate their ability to afford such 'luxuries'. But, no. Knayton is a village in North Yorkshire. there might be a hall there, who knows? But there are no indications that stressed executives flock there with their mistresses to unwind with a guava & kiwi fruit facial.

But, at £8, it's about the same as my default aftershave moisturiser, Nivea — so I picked it up as an impulse buy to celebrate my acquisition of a rather nice jacket. It has an initial hit of cloves, citrus and, well, more cloves, before settling down to reveal an underlying vanilla which lasts most of the day. All in all, a really quite pleasant and effective moisturiser — well worth £8 if you see any, but take the RRP with a big pinch of salt.

What can I say.............? :oops:

I bought one outa curiosity two chrimbos ago. Damn TKMaxx! :shock:

They seem to only have these for the rush up to christmas? I shoud have known better.

Anyhows the knot fell out after a couple of days.

Funny enough, at the time, I was buying a new knot for my 30 year old Simpson Eagle. It was just starting to
look a bit tired. :cry:
I was thinking about obtaining two. but settled for just the one from TGN. A uk 21mm Super. Which I believe
Tony acually sources from Vulfix here anyway!

My thoughts were if I had two brushes with the same knot, density etc which one would be used? :?:

Either my beloved Eagle or this peice of #*%t?

I still have it! Maybe some day I'll put a short loft knot in and make it work for it's keep! :D

Back
Top Bottom