Moved to the darkside........well the phone is grey....

As you may have noticed I am parting with my iPhone 4s and have decided to get an Android mobile. Its a couple of years since I used any Android device, so a few questions.
What is the best anti/virus/theft apps for a non-rooted phone.
Any other apps to recommend, a few I will just carry over from my iPhone. But any must haves?
Ta very muchly !!
Please no wars about IOS/Android being better..............:dodgy:.....each has its own merits.
Now just trying to get used to a completely different U.I............:angel:

Hi Duffer, has android got a "Find my phone" built in or do I need to install a 3rd party app. I only use recognised sites for any app regardless of platform.

Samsung phones have a 'find my phone' app. Not sure about other brands.

I use Android Lost which is free and has lots of tracking features.

I used to use Avast security on mine, seemed low impact.
Never found anything though but I rarely downloaded any app that wasn't' from the Play store and hadn't been downloaded thousands of times..
I say used to as I've moved to Windowsphone. Wanted a change after 6 years of Android.

If you bank with barclays, you can get the android version of kaspersky free (1 user ) and the pc version too (3 user) if your phone is stolen, you can lock it, turn on its gps so you can find it, ect.

i am not saying it is the best android security app, but it is a free full version.
rob

Hi Steve,
"Life360" is a clever way of tracking your family members and for me it has replaced Google's Latitude app which they discontinued.
"Where's My Droid" has some find-my-phone feature I believe, I've installed it but not used it much.
"Doggcatcher" is a very good podcast player
"Tapatalk" of course for reading these forums
"3G Watchdog" if you need to monitor your usage (texts, minutes, data)
"SlideIT Keyboard" for swipe keyboard entry
"Handcent SMS" for texts
"National Rail" for rail timetables

That should keep you busy for a while...

Back
Top Bottom