Muhle R41 tips please

As everybody has mentioned angle and pressure are the most important things to remember , the R41 is a beautiful razor i love mine even though i rarely shave with anything but a straight these days when i do shave with a DE the R41 is my weapon of choice , on another note do not be afraid to experiment with other sharper blades sometimes they work better i use feathers in all my razors and find them to be best suited to my beard type but what ever you choose good luck and stick with it if you can master the R41 it will without doubt give you one of the best shaving experiences you are likely to have

Steve.

The reason I ordered the R41 is because my Fatip is the razor I find myself reaching for most often, simply because it is my most challenging razor to use, however if used correctly can give an awesome shave. I expect from what I have read the R41 is the same risk/reward challenge.

Well I finally had my first shave with the R41 yesterday. I used a Derby blade because I found it to be really good in my Fatip, anyway I was really please with my shave, no nics or irritation. I took it very slow but I got my reward, a two pass DFS. Cannot wait to try it again.

Thanks for all your advise, it has clearly worked.

Norky

My only tip would be a fresh blade for every shave, I find it very unforgiving when the blade starts to tug, causing you to lose your rhythm. By all means use your once/twice used blades again, just not in this razor. My findings anyway.

Duffer said:
My only tip would be a fresh blade for every shave

...by all means use your once/twice used blades again, just not in this razor. My findings anyway.

I agree, I always have a fresh one in this on every shave. It's not especially blade critical (I've used 7 o'clocks, Astra, Voshkod, even Derby) but it does like a clean and sharp one.
I re-use the used blade in a Jagger razor for weekly neck shaves so it's not too badly wasted.

PS: Nice one Norky, another convert.

Back
Top Bottom