Muhle Slant

Received this from Muhle

thank you for the email.

There have been numerous requests regarding a slant bar razor, we will see what's coming next.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

Christian Müller

Does that read as if they're going to make one? It does to me!

It's certainly not a "no", but perhaps they're just keeping you interested in the brand.

Cynical, I know, but it goes on.

Ian

I'm pretty sure the MD of Muhle did an interview after releasing the R41 and a slant bar was hinted at, the interview was on b and b might of even been for b and b.

It would be nice to have someone else making a slant. AFAIK it's only Merkur making them a the moment, and they seem quite scarce.

I do like my Merkur Slant, and would be first in the queue for a Muhle one, well maybe not first I'm not quite that sad ;)

If there was to be a Muhle slant, i.e. a slant bar that's been finished and plated properly then Merkur's market share would go spectacularly south. Herr Merkur needs to sit up and take notice.

Canuck said:
If there was to be a Muhle slant, i.e. a slant bar that's been finished and plated properly then Merkur's market share would go spectacularly south. Herr Merkur needs to sit up and take notice.

I know I would be getting one. The playing on my slant is poor in places.

Anyone know if the slant bar design is patented? I find it strange that no other manufacturers (that I know of) produce them.

Ids said:
Anyone know if the slant bar design is patented? I find it strange that no other manufacturers (that I know of) produce them.

I don't believe it is still covered by any patent, but like you say it's strange that no one else, even in recent times has done one.

I also understand that the head of Dovo (Merkur) was asked earlier this year about reintroducing an adjustable slant and he said they have no interest, so maybe Muhle are thinking of getting in on the action, slant that is, not adjustable slant.... but that would be nice too

Back
Top Bottom