My Chinese blade experience

Like Bechet, on 11/08/12 I ordered 8 different types of blades and a razor from MisterTao, total $22
The initial contact was good, I placed my order and paid, after a week I had a look at my account and could see most of my order had been received by them. They take pictures and show what items have been received.

I got a message after another week saying some blades were not available to me as I was not a wholesaler? But they refunded that amount, fair enough. Then they said a few days after that the razor I ordered was on long term backorder/out of stock, BUT it clearly showed pictures of the razor? They did not reply to my questions on that so I don't know what happened.

As the rest of my order was there I assumed it would be processed soon, I contacted them again and they said it was delayed as they were short handed but it would be made a priority, I think they mean short staffed, then a week later when nothing had happened I contacted again, no reply. There was no reply to 3 messages and then I got a one saying too many people had gone on leave and they didn't have any staff, they would get my order and make it a priority again.

No more contact for a few days so I logged in to see if my order was waiting for me to pay the second payment. Nope, still pending. Another message and 2 days later I get a message saying sorry they are still short handed, my order has been lost and they have now cancelled it.

So thats were I am with this 1 month later, no blades and waiting for a refund!

I may try again some day (depending on whether I get a full refund) and i understand there is more chance of things going wrong when ordering from far away. They just need to sort the staffing levels out and improve communication.

Shame really I was looking forward to trying the blades, esp the Gillettes and Schick blades. :icon_sad:

Sorry to hear this, Tackleberry. Which agent did you use? My guess is that it is the agent that makes the difference, not the process as a whole.

I'm no longer sure whether MisterTao - whom I used - was an agent or an organisation for which my seller was an agent.

The packaging on my blades clearly shows my agent was an individual working - I guess - from home. The packaging was more than adequate but tatty - re-used many times. My guess is that we dealt with the equivalent of private ebayers.

Btb, at sea we would say, "Turn the hands to", meaning start the crew/staff to work.

Sorry to hear about you troubles.

I also used Mistertao, I ordered some gillette super thins - which turned up. I also ordered some LED spot light bulbs, and they turned up also.

I was a little concerned at one stage because they had recived the order, taken photos and then nothing, I send a message, and the item was ready for second payment the following day.

All items recieved.

Sorry, but you would think that a Country that supplies Walmart ( to say nothing of the World) with 75% of its products would have an easier way to send a couple doz razor blades!
Look at BestShave. It's probably one guy and a few relatives and look at the business he does!

It was the constant excuses they had no staff at first then they let too many off on leave? what's that all about? that's when 'Bruce' or 'Angela' bothered to reply. Then just to scrap the order instead of re-ordering?

Paypal dispute opened and what do you know the money is refunded! All ended ok, it's a shame coz i really wanted some of those blades but I've decided I won't try again.

Does anyone know any shaving wholesalers by any chance, I've googled but nothing really turns up.

This is tempting, I need a dozen GU10 LED bulbs but they're expensive. Since I'm not in a hurry for them and the worst that might happen is cancel and refund this might be a good way of doing it.....

Tempting!

well other people have had good experiences with them, I got a standard email from MisterTao today saying due to being so busy they are relocating to larger premises so there may be a delay for a few weeks.

My order with MisterTao went just fine, but I got an mail off them few days ago that they are going move to a bigger warehouse. My order really went good but they also canceled a part off my order due to wholesale.

In my thread about Chinese blades I only listed stuff which I ordered from a taobao seller to trough MisterTao. In fact i received my order very fast it was just total of two weeks that it took to get my order.

Oh the title off your topic is wrong, its not a Chinese blade experience its an taobao agent experience.

Halk said:
This is tempting, I need a dozen GU10 LED bulbs but they're expensive. Since I'm not in a hurry for them and the worst that might happen is cancel and refund this might be a good way of doing it.....

Tempting!

I bought Gu10 led bulbs via mistertao. Got 9 for $28 total.

Back
Top Bottom