My email address and spam messages

Roefisher said:
Because the way I see it, the spam came from my email details being given out by this forum.

You are quite right and I am sorry, I have cancelled your membership direct debit and am sending back your subscription fees. I will also forward on the money I received from the spam haus for your two email addresses..........

Boab said:
Roefisher said:
Because the way I see it, the spam came from my email details being given out by this forum.

You are quite right and I am sorry, I have cancelled your membership direct debit and am sending back your subscription fees. I will also forward on the money I received from the spam haus for your two email addresses..........
Someone needs to get laid

Boab said:

Talking of which - what has happened to the 'Dontate' button? New year and all that.

Incidentally - PlusNet (who are 100% owned by BT) have a very similar issue ongoing - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133959.0.html

Symptom: a separate, specific email address set up specifically for setting up a PlusNet account, never used to send, only receive mail - only given to PlusNet - starts to receive spam from non-PlusNet sources... 24 pages of debate, evidence & investigation.

Net Result: despite the obvious inference that there is a leak at PlusNet, PlusNet have denied it and effectively washed their hands. To the man on the Clapham Omnibus, it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Back
Top Bottom