My first re knot.

I'm hopeless at DIY - something always seems to go wrong. So it was with some trepidation that I decided to have a go at re knotting an old brush. This particular brush is very old. It's original owner bought a Gillette razor in 1918 that I now have!

This was the brush:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/anon-badger.html

I first cut down the hair then just got stuck in as carefully as I could with a penknife and drill. I eventually managed to create a nice clean 22mm diameter hole which enabled me to set a loft at 45mm. And here it is. I've done nothing with the handle although I might spruce it up a bit later.

Barny22-1.jpg

If I can do this sort of thing, anyone can. And it cost me a lot less than the Trumpers CB2 I bought yesterday.

I'm amazed that something so old and used regularly can be brought back. I mean something metal yes, but a wooden handled brush, wow.
I'll be keeping an eye out for used brushes with a nice handle now.

Looking Good there Fido.
Its nice to know that long after you have gone things that you have made will continue to be used and appreciated by generations of young men (and ladies) to come. I dont hold with popping things in a cabinet, Im a use it and restore it, then use it some more bloke.
The original recycling.

Back
Top Bottom