My Futur arrived today

Got my Futur today, haven't shaved with it yet but my first impression was f@*k me it's heavy!! As it's gold and shiny (and I'm a geek) it's been christened C3-PO :)

Futur was my first DE razor bought in the States. Stitch, is the gold finish not a bit smooth, I'm thinking about grip here. I have the satin finish which I find ok, a bit of knurling (love that word) would help though.

Regards

Had my first shave with it (or should that be him as he has a name :lol: ) today and I had no problem at all with the grip, the weight threw me a little as it's much heavier than the superspeed or feather portable I've been using but it's a good solid well made tool sort of weight rather than an awkward combersome one.

Glad you have enjoyed the Futur. I love the noise it makes and the weight is an advantage when you get used to it . If you have any Gillette Bleue Extras, try that. Superb combo.

Cheers

Glad you like the Future. I owned one from 'the start' and enjoyed it a lot. I recently swapped it with Ollie for a Flairtip Superspeed because I prefer the looks of the vintage razors and this one appealed. I don't think I'd recommend it to a complete beginner but as a hair cutting machine it is superb. The weight should be no problem to anyone prepared to change their grip a little. I agree with Rangers that it somehow amplifies the sound of the beard being cut in a very satisfying way. Perhaps the head is more open than other razors?

I have the chrome futur. Love the looks and the weight and 'feel' of it. It was my first DE and I think it is an OK choice for a first time DE shaver, the weight and aggressiveness make you take it seriously. I haven't found the finish to affect my grip.

First blade tried was a green Gillette, not good but OK. Second was the Derby and that worked well. Third was a Bolzano, truely awful. Fourth was a Bic Chrome, better than the Derby. Fifth a Tesco Personna, OK but not as good as the Derby or Bic. Sixth was a Black Gillette which I thought was the mutt's until the fourth shave. Seventh was a nice first shave with a Feather.

Bidibidibidi
Robot%20-%20Twiki.jpg

Stitch306 said:
Got my Futur today, haven't shaved with it yet but my first impression was f@*k me it's heavy!! As it's gold and shiny (and I'm a geek) it's been christened C3-PO :)

I just looked on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.celebritydeusers.com">www.celebritydeusers.com</a><!-- w --> and discovered that Noddy Holder had one back in the seventies. I reckon it inspired his lyrics "Look to the Futur now, it's only just begun". Perhaps he had one for Christmas. :? Isn't the interweb a marvellous thing?

Pig Cat said:
Stitch306 said:

I just looked on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.celebritydeusers.com">http://www.celebritydeusers.com</a><!-- m --> and discovered that Noddy Holder had one back in the seventies. I reckon it inspired his lyrics "Look to the Futur now, it's only just begun". Perhaps he had one for Christmas. :? Isn't the interweb a marvellous thing?

You know I had no idea that site existed?

David Duchovny, Russell Crowe, James Earl Jones, ok..., but Andrew Ridgeley AND Elisabeth Hasselbeck? Weird!

Great razor, bought mine about 3 months ago. Havent had a bad shave with it in that time.

Love the weight the Futur and contrary to B&B reviews, its never slipped out of my hand.

duotone said:
Great razor...Havent had a bad shave with it...
Love the weight the Futur and contrary to B&B reviews, its never slipped out of my hand.

Ditto. This is a lovely shaver, and one that gives me a consistently good, trouble-free shave. Still not convinced by its 'modern' appearance, but so what: that lovely rasping noise it produces when blade meets stubble more than makes up for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom