My Futur arrived today

The Futur arrived today so I stuck a new Kai blade in it and off I went. Got a great shave but due to the large head of the razor compared to what I'm used to I'll need to work a little bit on my touch-up technique. As I said on another thread the Futur may very well be the razor that puts an end to my RAD :)

I couldn't wait until Christmas... my Futur arrived yesterday. Man alive it's heavy. I nearly concussed myself with it when I started shaving.

It looks the mutt's, like an Enterprise D of razors. I loaded it up on 3 with a brand new Super Iridium and set about myself. I thought, "new razor, new blade, my face is going to end up looking like a war zone". Well apart from my top lip, which is always a bit of a bogey for me, I was surprisingly nick-free. A very, very nice shave, even on the usually troublesome jawline and that-bit-of-your-neck-just-near-your-windpipe, where the bristles grow in all kinds of crazy ways. I foresee good times ahead.

I've been using my Futur exclusively since it arrived arrived last week, got my technique sorted and now I'm hooked. I may use one of my other razors occasionally for a bit of a change but from now on it will be my daily razor. Mechanically it is solid and sound so I expect it to outlast me. One to pass on to my sons and my RAD is well and truly cured.

Dave / Paul
Delighted you like it. This was 1st DE razor as I didn't know what I was doing. I find setting it 1.5 for the WTG pass, 2.5 for XTG, back to 1.5 for ATG areas. I cannot shave ATG on my neck. I dial up to......6 :eek: on the XTG pass on my neck. It isn't perfect, but better than getting the ingrowing hairs I have had my whole shaving life. Don't you think kids should be taught the shaving basics at school? I have donated a brush, cream and some partisan advice to the son of a female friend of mine. He was having a bit of a nightmare and his dad is not around. His skin has improved and he says he actually enjoys shaving now. His former regime was putting on shave gel then shaving. No prep, nowt!. He tells me that's how all his chums shave. Will give him a 'proper' razor in a bit.

Son no. 1 is a canned goop/multi blade user - no sign of him changing as yet :(
No. 2 currently sports his student beard - uses a DE for the rest of his face/neck. He has his eyes on the Futur :!:
Son no. 3 is 18 and uses cheap disposables but is considering the move to DE shaving - I'm hoping to steer him in the right direction ;)

I have a fair selection of DE razors for them to fight over when I'm gone. The Futur will have to be prised from my cold dead hands (unless I get a Vision, that is) :lol:

Have had one now for sometime bought it from a site member. Enjoy it every time that I use it. You might want to take it apart and clean it every few months . Soap and crud does get into the stem.

Back
Top Bottom