My habit...

This is the extent of my problem so far. Only time will tell how bad things will get in the end.

First, the main bathroom paraphernalia...

Things you can't really see are the St Jermyn sensitive cream, the Trumpers Lime soap in a wooden bowl, Trumpers Limes cream at the back and Pecksniff's Leather soap.
You can just about make out the 1955 Super Speed, a fat handled Tech and a ball end Tech.

(and yes, there are Derbies and Topaz blades in there. Gotta experiment sometimes! Ignore the Nivea and Sainsbury's basics shaving gel - my girlfriend uses them when she stays!)

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 254
  • IMAG0118.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 213
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 216
Some more problems...Merkur 38R sans blade at the moment, Gillette Slim Adjustable 1965 and a Merkur 39C also in for a quick service. These are my favourite razors (as well as my 1955 Superspeed, lurking in the back of the first lot of pictures)

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 204
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 204
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 206
This is my collection box. I won't use anything in here. There are some old type blades in the silver blade box on the top left (EDIT: think these have been obscured under the Bleues)

Attachments

• IMAG0123.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 206
Weishi 2003-M (aluminium) and Parker 91R.
These are razors I very rarely use - had a 91R before and not convinced this one won't break without warning and most people will make their thoughts clear on the Weishi (I use it for travelling, or a smaller vintage Tech clone I don't have to hand at present)

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 198
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 200
Hidden under the bed. I love my Rapira blades - there are 300 in the brown packet.
Also in the pic is some Mama Bears Lime Ice soap (sleeping till summer), some Gillette Nacet blades (stainless and Platinum versions), 200 Supermax and a jar of Proraso with a crack in the bottom
(and my bottom also has a crack)

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 198
Jesus Christ Stig, you must be half crazy! That's a habit and a half mate.

I have one tiny shelf, and I have felt very guilty indeed for going on the Truefitt and Hill website tonight for a gander. Having said that I have a pregnant wife who will kick off if that shelf ever gets too heavy. ;)

Canuck said:
Jesus Christ Stig, you must be half crazy! That's a habit and a half mate.

I have one tiny shelf, and I have felt very guilty indeed for going on the Truefitt and Hill website tonight for a gander. Having said that I have a pregnant wife who will kick off if that shelf ever gets too heavy. ;)
I'd be disappointed if I were anything less than completely crazy.

This time next year you'll have at least doubled your stuff, probably hiding things under your bed like me, and you will wonder how that happened

wow thats a lot of stuff.

Only got a small collection myself, gave my dad a razor, blades, soap and a cream to start off so cut mine down a bit.

At min got

Gillette Super Speed Adjustable long handle
About 5 creams
About 4 soaps
Few samples here and there
3 Aftershaves
And one Fido Brush.

Thats it for me.

Now added to the collection:
Gillette New open comb
Edwin Jagger DEsomething-or-other (unlined chrome handled one)

That's it for razors now. I think I have 14 - really don't need any more!

Back
Top Bottom