My Holy Grail razor...maybe.

Hey grats on getting a BBS-1! Do you by chance know the "serial number" of yours?
Please do post your thoughts on it when you get it!

Note: It seems like LA Shaving might have a small qty available now..I'd recommend emailing John directly....
Thanks. Don't know the serial number yet - will let you know when it arrives.

By the way, I think the prototype handles were a bit shorter.

Some updates directly from John at LA Shaving:

* There are unfortunately no razors in stock/available at this time as the closed waitlist is still being filled,
* The handle was different only on the first 3-4 prototypes - it lacked the knurling of the current model and was subsequently harder to grip

Thanks for sharing, Darkbulb.
May I ask how long the wait was for your BBS-1?

Best Regards
Marco

Thanks for sharing, Darkbulb.
May I ask how long the wait was for your BBS-1?

Best Regards
Marco

I think I was on the waiting list for 6-8 months or so...my number came up but I asked to be pushed down a few months due to razor saturation....a couple of months passed...and I jumped on the next offer.

Even though the waiting list is closed it might be worth emailing John and see if/when it might open up again. Maybe there's a waiting list to get on the waiting list :) He seems like a really good guy and easy to communicate with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No holy grail for me, used it for a while and traded it, you really have to get the right angle while shaving otherwise it's not so great and I had to use some pressure also. YMMV and such.

I think I was on the waiting list for 6-8 months or so...my number came up but I asked to be pushed down a few months due to razor saturation....a couple of months passed...and I jumped on the next offer.

My holy grail razor too. I was on the wait list for over 18 months and got mine only a short while before you did, so doesn't sound like he keeps an exact order...

Even though the waiting list is closed it might be worth emailing John and see if/when it might open up again. Maybe there's a waiting list to get on the waiting list :) He seems like a really good guy and easy to communicate with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Darkbulb.
John added my name to the list about one year ago. Never heard from him since then.....
I message him to find out where I am on the list.

Marco

Hey grats on getting a BBS-1! Do you by chance know the "serial number" of yours?
Please do post your thoughts on it when you get it!

Note: It seems like LA Shaving might have a small qty available now..I'd recommend emailing John directly....

I emailed John last night and here's his response below:

Please let the forum know that I am fulfilling orders off of the now-closed waitlist, and will be for some time. Once we have that list caught up with, we will then determine how to proceed going forward, either with the BBS-1 or other yet to be developed products. Unfortunately, the fact that people who've been on the waitlist for over a year now are finally getting their razors does not mean they're actually available for purchase.

Back
Top Bottom