My New Mastro Livi Razor

I had never thought about the making of a straight before, but what you have here is something very special indeed. Congratulations on your excellent photos and thanks for sharing them. Needless to say, I bet I am not the first person thinking "I want one too "

Thank you gentlemen for your appreciation. I am very glad you liked my pictures and my report about the creation of my new Mastro Livi razor.
In this period Mastro Livi is experimenting on new steels - stainless and carbon - in order to find new materials for making his razors. I went to his workshop last Saturday and I saw he made about ten experimental razors, each of them made of a different steel and processing. He gave me one of these razors to test and, you know that, I am very happy he allowed me to test this experimental razor.
The razor he gave me is made of stainless steel and it seems to be a magnificent shaver. I tested it Sunday morning and it gave me an impeccable, smooth and velvety shave. And I keep on testing as Mastro Livi asked me to shave with this razor for about two weeks in order to see how the edge performs and how durable it is. I am very excited to be part of this test! :)

Gentlemen,
I am very pleased to annouce I have published a new video about the art of Mastro Livi. This new video is about the story and the making of one of the most popular Mastro Livi straight razor, the so called "new grind" or "classic".
I thought all the gentlemen owning such a razor would be interested in knowing about the story of their razor.
It is also the story of the making of the very last straight razor made from those blades and I am honored to say this straight razor is mine. So, this is also my new Mastro Livi straight razor.
As this is the very last straight razor made from those blades, the last one of a very long series, I thought it should have had a very special handle, so I wanted Mastro Livi to make a very special handle with mother-of-pearl inlays and silver nickel plates.
I hope you all will enjoy watching the video.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD8XwMxQrJE[/video]

Back
Top Bottom