My new Semogue SOC in finest badger.

P1160409.jpg

Today,I have received,after a long wait,the new Semogue SOC in finest badger.As I have mentioned before,I had the chance to try one of the protos of this shaving brush,so I knew what to expect from this brush.

P1160410.jpg

This brush just uses the new finest badger hair that Semogue is gonna use in this brush and in another line.The hair comes from China and its from ¨meles meles¨ badger.This hair its not relate to the one use by Chinese companies like LiJun & 1980:this one use by Semogue its much softer in the tips and have a really firm backbone.Also doesn't needs a break in process,like the Vie Long 16726 ( a superb brush,by the way).The tips are soft like the New Forest 2201 (talking about superb brushes...)but with a stronger backbone.

P1160411.jpg

The wood use to make the handle is cherry once again (like in the boar brush 2009 limited edition).This type of wood its quiet heavy and has a really nice and elegant pattern. Also has a natural shining which its enhanced with the new type of varnish use by the artisan wood maker. This handle its a little bit heavier and thicker than the ones use in the 1305/1800/1250 models.Its also really ergonomic.

P1160412.jpg

This brush is not super dense to avoid it to became in a lather hog.Its quiet dense and makes lather on a bit,really easy and with no problems.This is a pic with the lather I made with a hand soap (ivory soap):

P1160413.jpg

Just imagine how much lather could it make from soaps like Mitchell's Wool Fat/Kent (actually I have a video using the proto of this brush and that soap and you can see how much lather I can make)

P1160414.jpg

This brush doesn't have a huge blooming either, which it makes it perfect for face lathering,but also performs really well with bowl lathering too.Works brilliant with hard soaps and creams equally.

P1160416.jpg

The Limited Edition 2010 in selected silvertip and this new SOC in finest badger hair opens a new era in Semogue offering a new quality line of shaving brushes with badger hair.I can only say,once again:

OBRIGADO Sr. Gomes!!!!

Great to hear your thoughts on it Teiste.

I hope they do shorter loft brushes with acrylic handles soon, i'm not a big fan of the wood but the quality looks outstanding.

Thank you for the review. Gorgeous looking brush.

What image can you see forming from the black 'lines' of the wood grain in the pictures? :shock:
In fact, except the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures, you can see it in all the others. Is it just me? Has Mrs Gomes designed these?

PigCat where are you?

sonny said:

What image can you see forming from the black 'lines' of the wood grain in the pictures? :shock:
In fact, except the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures, you can see it in all the others. Is it just me? Has Mrs Gomes designed these?

PigCat where are you?

Brilliant, it certainly looks a stiff brush and not floppy in the slightest :lol:

sonny said:

PigCat where are you?

What? Looks a bit like a mushroom or a sausage with a hat on. Something quite long with a bulbous tip anyway. Why, what are you thinking Sonny? :?

Pig Cat said:
It is a fine brush. How much is it going for?

65 euro's

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vintagescent.com/shaving-brushes-c-5/semogue-owners-club-2-band-brush-p-110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vintagescent.com/shaving-brushes ... rush-p-110</a><!-- m -->

sonny said:

Lay off the incense sticks Sonny.

I'm fortunate to have one of these on loan from another member at the moment so that I could get a feel for it before deciding whether to purchase myself. I used it for the first time this evening and must say I'm impressed. I'll post my thoughts after I've used it for a few days. First impressions though; the handle is very comfortable to hold, the brush has enough backbone for face lathering and the tips are nice and soft. I can feel another purchase coming on.

Yellow Jim said:
I'm fortunate to have one of these on loan from another member at the moment so that I could get a feel for it before deciding whether to purchase myself. I used it for the first time this evening and must say I'm impressed. I'll post my thoughts after I've used it for a few days. First impressions though; the handle is very comfortable to hold, the brush has enough backbone for face lathering and the tips are nice and soft. I can feel another purchase coming on.
I've read in another forum that it has slightly more backbone than the LE 2010 (B&B, "shm", he posted pics with the two brushes sitting upside down on their lofts).
Hence as the wood looks gorgeous and the handle is very ergonomic (for my taste) I'm slowly heading in the same direction as well...
Good thing is that this is regular production and not LE so we don't have to rush.

N_Architect said:
Yellow Jim said:
I've read in another forum that it has slightly more backbone than the LE 2010 (B&B, "shm", he posted pics with the two brushes sitting upside down on their lofts).
Hence as the wood looks gorgeous and the handle is very ergonomic (for my taste) I'm slowly heading in the same direction as well...
Good thing is that this is regular production and not LE so we don't have to rush.
Yes,it has more backbone than the 09 LE.

I think it does have more backbone. Saying that my LE has a loft slightly higher than advertised and this "loan" SOC has a loft of 51mm against the advertised 53mm, I don't know if you received one with the advertised loft whether the difference would be as pronounced.

Yellow Jim said:
I think it does have more backbone. Saying that my LE has a loft slightly higher than advertised and this "loan" SOC has a loft of 51mm against the advertised 53mm, I don't know if you received one with the advertised loft whether the difference would be as pronounced.
I have the 53mm loft,which its good for me,since a little bit shorter could be scrubbier that I like.

Back
Top Bottom