My new strategy for picking my daily shaving soap.....

This is part of what I love about my newly found hobby, I have to do it, and have been for thirty plus years, it was just a chore done with plastic razors and cheapest foam available.

Now I have ahem, several soaps, creams, way to many varieties of blades, brushes and real metal beautiful razors.

Each shave I mix everything around, my only constant, is the urge to use the tabac soap, I think I'm addicted to it?

This is part of what I love about my newly found hobby, I have to do it, and have been for thirty plus years, it was just a chore done with plastic razors and cheapest foam available.

Now I have ahem, several soaps, creams, way to many varieties of blades, brushes and real metal beautiful razors.

Each shave I mix everything around, my only constant, is the urge to use the tabac soap, I think I'm addicted to it?

Something I was never able to do properly was to shave with those plastic bic razors. I tried a few times but it was always too uncomfortable .

There have been times that I thought I was addicted to a particular soap, Tabac, Ozark Mountains, CAD, etc going buck to the tub for a sniff several times a day and day after day. Having said that, I can't shave 3 times in a row, by the 3rd time I don't enjoy the scent on little bit.

Yesterday tabac came across early in the day and I felt like I fancied a shave with tabac so during the day I read several tabac reviews and my decision was made, but this morning as soon as I sniffed the soap I knew I didn't want to shave with tabac :( .... very strange really. I didn't have a backup soap so I went for a different tabacco scent, cognac and cuban cigar and that was perfect ;)

If you don't do your research you might end up with too many blades that aren't good for you. I never bought one of those blade packs cause I felt that they come with one blade that has real potential to be the one and the rest are destined to the dusbin. I find that a razor works best with a particular blade but there are exceptions. There's plenty of info on blades here in the forum....

Keep enjoying the hobby :)

Back
Top Bottom