My Shaving stuff so far

Well I introduced myself the other day and have been reading this super site, I have enjoyed it very much so far.

I thought I would share what items I have so far.
I Have an Edwin Jagger Super Badger brush that I have had for a few years now.
Some wool fat soap with the porcelain dish.
I think the razor is a Gillet Brit pat that was my grandfathers. The handle is cracked on both sides but it still seems ok. if there is anyway of fixing this can someone let me know.
Finally I have been using Clarins Mens moisture balm, I like and it has a nice smell.
Finally you can see the selection of blades I got from Connaught, good quick service by the way.
Tonight I thought that I would give a blade a go so I went for the Gillette 7 O'Clock sharp edge. Seems like a good balde but did get a bit of irritation around my neck. Finished off with the Clarins and some moistureiser in the bathroom cabinet that belongs to the wife.
All in all it has tidied up my beard nicely and i am very happy with the shave. I will give all the blades ago and see which I like best.
Cheers for reading
Dunc

Attachments

• Shaving.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 87
  • Shaving (2).JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 87
how long have you been DE shaving so far?..I DE shaved for 2.5 years before I knew I wanted to get into str8 razors..im time your face will make its own decisions!.. :lol:
Thats a nice little setup :shave

B

Nice start, Dunc. Your razor seems to be a Slim / Twist, a very serviceable item in my opinion. I believe there are after market handles available for that head if you're interested - someone is bound to be able to provide the details.

Re: Re: My Shaving stuff so far

Blades said:
how long have you been DE shaving so far?..I DE shaved for 2.5 years before I knew I wanted to get into str8 razors..im time your face will make its own decisions!.. :lol:
Thats a nice little setup :shave

B
First one tonight. Always used Gillette mach 3 etc before now. Been using a brush and soap for years.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Hi. That's a nice little setup. I've used Clarins stuff before and it is really good - just a bit pricey for me!

There's a lot of good advice on this forum, and a lot of banter! You may already know this but try not to push down with the razor - this is a common cause of irritation. You need to do a couple of passes, relathering each time, to get a good close shave. Take your time - it will take longer than with your Mach 3 - and use plenty of hot water. Did you get any nicks? Keep an eye on the angle you hold the razor.

Good luck and enjoy!

PS - this is my shaving stuff so far... sort of. I took these pics a few weeks ago and have got 3 more razors since then! Different models feel very different and some blades just seem to work better than others!
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7727

Back
Top Bottom