My Superspeed arrived!!

Even with the postal strike, my superspeed arrived today all the way from Waterloo, Indiana :mrgreen:

It's a flare-tip model from 1956 (B1) and included the plastic case. The last owner was a smoker so the case is a little pongy, but that's going in a box in the loft anyway....

After a vigorous cleaning the razor itself is literally immaculate, not a speck of brassing or wear on any parts. The mechanism appears to be spot on - all that remains it for me to stick a feather in it and give it a go!

I had intended putting some photos up, but the wife took the camera to work with her today (it is hers after all :lol: ) so I'll have to post some when the camera returns.

Oddly enough, I hadn't even really been in the market for a SS, but whilst browsing US ebay looking for bargain adjustables I just stumbled upon this one :lol:

Neo, I have the exact same same model - '56 B1!!! I bought it off Ollie a few months ago and haven't used anything else since. It is now in less than immaculate condition. I think I need to give it a clean. I find it gives a very mild shave and seems forgiving of most blades I put in it. Hardly have any nicks these days. Enjoy it!!! :shave

Here it is:

4083229750_313858be07_b.jpg

4082472321_8a76201d6e_b.jpg

But I still haven't had a chance to use it - maybe this afternoon!

Twice used now and overall a wonderful tool! The feel is very different to the 3 piece razors I've been using prior to this one, but in a positive way. As mentioned by Antdad (I think) these razors are the complete opposite of a nimble, light tech, and do take some getting used to - but even after two shaves I'm getting a better shave that I have in a long time. :mrgreen:

As for cleaning: a few minutes soaking in hot water, then a good spray with a foaming bathroom cleaner and a scrub with a toothbrush - job done!

Back
Top Bottom