mystery brush

[attachment=3940][attachment=3939]
I wonder if any you brush aficionados can give me any info about this brush which i won on ebay the only identifying marks are bristle and badger hair sterilized made in England what i can make out on the part sticker. Stamped above the sticker is PERSONNA
The knot itself is softer than some of the badger brushes i've got whether this is due to age and use i dont know the colour very much blonde.

Attachments

• brush1.jpg
    brush1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 77
  • brush.jpg
    brush.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 80
press said:
I wonder if any you brush aficionados can give me any info about this brush which i won on ebay the only identifying marks are bristle and badger hair sanitized made in England what i can make out on the part sticker. Stamped above the sticker is PERSONNA
The knot itself is softer than some of the badger brushes i've got whether this is due to age and use i dont know the colour very much blonde.

what is the brush handle made of ??? looks odd

An early 404? It says it's bristle & badger.The sticker looks a bit like Simpsons - perhaps they made it for Personna. I'd contact Simpsons anyway to see if they have any ideas:

http://www.simpsonshavingbrushes.com/contact-us.html

sunburyboy93 said:
press said:
I wonder if any you brush aficionados can give me any info about this brush which i won on ebay the only identifying marks are bristle and badger hair sanitized made in England what i can make out on the part sticker. Stamped above the sticker is PERSONNA

I haven't a clue the grain is more prominent under a bright light the photo doesn't show this as much very smooth and heavy its not wood.

press said:
sunburyboy93 said:
press said:

I haven't a clue the grain is more prominent under a bright light the photo doesn't show this as much very smooth and heavy its not wood.
If its as old as the goodwill it was boxed together with maybe 1930 ish

The handle is made of Cellulose, the label does have something of the Simpson about it and there is also a faded number 3 which would also point to Simpson. Contact Gazza.

I thought the label looked a bit Simpson like in the original ebay pics. I asked the seller and he mentioned about the Persona 3 stamping.

How is the Goodwill? It looked like it might have a bent corner tooth from the listing but I couldn't tell.

antdad said:
The handle is made of Cellulose, the label does have something of the Simpson about it and there is also a faded number 3 which would also point to Simpson. Contact Gazza.

Tony

do you really think it's Cellulose .....................?

Running_26_tnb.png

I've tried the goodwill tonight the shaves pretty good i expected more damage not so it's a mild shaver, regarding the razor nothing is bent, its in smashing nick to say, it must have been kept in that case for years.Shame about the mismatched handle i dont know how its ended up with a wardonia sheffield on it but can't complain for a few quid. I was only after the brush to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom