Nanny's Silly Soap-Lime

Not sure as one with limited experience is allowed to post a review but will give my thoughts any way.
Used the lime version of Nanny's soap that I received yesterday 3 days after ordering along with the Citrus Zinger,on opening both jars was blown away with the totally natural smell of limes and was gutted I had shaved an hour ago so would have to wait till this morning to try it. Well it was worth the wait loaded my brush and bowl mixed a lather that went on a treat, giving a comfortable shave with a sublime fragrance of lime, In fact my bathroom is now in no need of any shop bought air fresheners, result.
All I can say I have now bookmarked Nanny's web site as was a pleasure to deal with a small company who gave great service but better still a great product. I now look forward to improving my shaving technique.
Ps can the lid be left off the soap to let out the fragrance or will it disappear over time?

I got a few samples of nanny's soaps (thanks PC!) and really like them too.

I wouldn't leave the lid off the jar for too long, it may dry up and you will introduce another variable into your shaves as it may need more water next time to create a lather but you may miss that and have a poor shave with it!

Keep the lid on IMO.

What!? Has the old bat changed her blend? It´s good now???

:lol: I´m joking, Nannys soaps are me favourite, together with Cella. My kind of index soap I measur all other soaps to. You´re most welcome to do reviews (I hope :? :lol:) whenever you like. Sharon is a top notch gal, a pleasure doing business with and a pleasure communicating with.

I echo the above. She's really nice. I was having a conversation with her and was wondering why there was no spicy style soaps. She tells me that if she has time over the Christmas holidays, she's going to do one. I can't wait!

Sharons shaving soaps are amazing, Frenchblade pif'd us some samples and Paul was really impressed. I adore the fragrances. I'm really hoping she starts making aftershave balms. Can't wait to try out some of her soaps next :D

She's also a really rather lovely person to deal with too :)

wspiral said:
Sharons shaving soaps are amazing, Frenchblade pif'd us some samples and Paul was really impressed. I adore the fragrances. I'm really hoping she starts making aftershave balms. Can't wait to try out some of her soaps next :D

She's also a really rather lovely person to deal with too :)

• +1
          • ... well, ASLs in general, splash, balm, EdT, etc.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I don't know about the lime soap, it always seems to be sold out. :(

Last time I communicated with Sharon, she seemed to have got it into her head that I was about to take my custom elsewhere :roll: Well I'll put this on public record then: so long as she keeps making it, I'll use it. Cella and Wool Fat will always have a place in my bathroom, and I like to give some well deserved business to our other soapmakers, but the Nanny's soft soap formula is without qualification the best I've found for shaving with a straight razor, full stop.

People, you are too kind! :oops: :oops: Lime is back in stock; this has no menthol in it, but the lime is as strong as I can get it.
I'll get to balms and lotiony things one day, but right now I must make some lip balm that has to be posted tomorrow.
Good to hear that one of my soaps is living the high life in a country retreat in the wilds of wanny - wish I was, although it feels a bit like I'm in the wilds of wanny myself now it's so quiet with all the snow.

Don't rule out menthol, Nanny's 'Ice and a Slice' is fantastic. I highly recommend cold water prep, followed by face lathering with the exquisite 'Ice and a Slice' soap and cold water, and then a cold water rinse before enjoying a walk over the snow covered hills, it's an invigorating experience!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom