Nanny's Vetyver Shaving Soap

daz said:
I couldn't get on with the smell, sorry Nanny:icon_redface:
But it now has a good home. The rest of the soaps I have are fantastic and will be buying more when they run out (all soft soaps)
Tea tree and aloe is gone, eucalyptus and tee tree half done, patchouli one third done.
All body/hand soaps finished and my skin has improved 10 fold since using these and will definatley be getting more of them.
Wonderful stuff and I would recommend them to anyone.

It lathers very well, and gives a nice shave! When you say good home Daz, do you mean that you don't want it back :)

Cheers mi dears! I will cross your palm with something exotic, the next time I pop in to see you.......

Itching to use that razor and brush handle but holding off until the knot arrives and I can use both together......

They just sit looking pretty in the bathroom just now...........

Where do you buy these Nanny's soaps? I've heard them mentioned a lot here and on B&B but no idea where you buy them. Looking to broaden my horizons in the soap world but that interested in Cella, Arko or Tabac (smells don't really appeal). I have MWF and a GFT Sandalwood one that I think I'll ditch (and use the nice wooden bowl) as it hardly lathers for me without tossing in some cream and/or glycerine to supplement the lather....

Also, are RazoRock good? Any recommendations on any particular scent from anyone?

Thanks - will need to check some out! Just starting to re-explore soaps since getting my first boar brush which seems to be making a different in the quality of lather I get from the MWF but will run the MWF down a bit first I think. I only really shave 2-3 times a week so it takes time to use these things up! :)

michaelg said:
Thanks - will need to check some out! Just starting to re-explore soaps since getting my first boar brush which seems to be making a different in the quality of lather I get from the MWF but will run the MWF down a bit first I think. I only really shave 2-3 times a week so it takes time to use these things up! :)

Lovely stuff, Nanny's soaps. I've got some hard soap and soft soap. If you're used to MWF you might want to try a hard soap. I prefer soft soap (slightly)... or just get both.
The hard part is deciding what scent to get. I thought both of mine smelt a bit weird when I first opened the tub... but you really have to lather them up and slap them on your face... then they get a bit addictive

WiffWaff said:
[you really have to lather them up and slap them on your face... then they get a bit addictive

Well, take a look at the ingredients list. You will see 4th from the top is tincture of opium. I think that's the most percentage allowed by UK law. The soapalchemist does like her little jokes and this helps insure there's plenty of return customers. Hah, sometimes she will pretend to run out, just to jack the price up even more. We are talking about a major monkey maker here.

Yeah, you said something profound there,

Martin

Kisses, Toots.

dodgy said:
WiffWaff said:
[you really have to lather them up and slap them on your face... then they get a bit addictive

Well, take a look at the ingredients list. You will see 4th from the top is tincture of opium. I think that's the most percentage allowed by UK law. The soapalchemist does like her little jokes and this helps insure there's plenty of return customers. Hah, sometimes she will pretend to run out, just to jack the price up even more. We are talking about a major monkey maker here.

Yeah, you said something profound there,

Martin

Kisses, Toots.

I don't suppose it helps that I keep eating the stuff. Maybe I should stop that.

Back
Top Bottom