Natural Deodorant

I normally use Sanex day to day as I have a sweaty manual job. Intrigued by these natural deodorants, has anyone used any? What is the verdict? Am I just as well rubbing my alum block under my armpits and on my feet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using one for years, it's great stuff and lasts forever. Be aware that it's a deodorant not an anti-perspirant, you still sweat you just don't pong. It stops your shirt pits from going hard too.

Mine is just a stick of alum in a twist-up container, so if you have an alum block already you're as well to just use that.

I've been using one for years, it's great stuff and lasts forever. Be aware that it's a deodorant not an anti-perspirant, you still sweat you just don't pong. It stops your shirt pits from going hard too.

Mine is just a stick of alum in a twist-up container, so if you have an alum block already you're as well to just use that.
It works the other way round... I use a twist up deodorant stick as an alum block. I got a couple for very little money in a stock clearance thingy. Also, when the deodorant stick finally (after months and months) goes down to the very last bit, you can cut away the plastic holder and you're left with a sizeable chunk of alum.

I have used mine after shaving once or twice, but I don't see the appeal. It's a great deodorant though.
Disclaimer: This is from the top of my head, so it might be the wrong way round.
There are deodorant sticks made from ammonium alum and from potassium alum. I think it is potassium alum that alum blocks are made of and ammonium alum stings a lot more and is not great for shaving purposes. The truth may vary..

Disclaimer: This is from the top of my head, so it might be the wrong way round.
There are deodorant sticks made from ammonium alum and from potassium alum. I think it is potassium alum that alum blocks are made of and ammonium alum stings a lot more and is not great for shaving purposes. The truth may vary..

From the top of my head, I think you're right.

Which one is Osma ? I've got a potassium alum stick and an osma block - more than enough alum to last my lifetime....

Another Pitrock user here. On my 3rd stick. The first one lasted 20 months and the 2nd one 19 months. I use it at least once a day. To combat any wetness, I always wear a Uniqlo undershirt which helps wick away any moisture. I save a fortune in work shirts now that the armpits don't turn into solid glue.

I was looking at Pitrock as I have an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my pocket. I think you guys just talked me into it!

Thanks for all the replies,
TSR really is a fountain of knowledge

Back
Top Bottom