Never before, Never After

goodness me, what an absolute set of gentlemen you all are! shocking tale of downright dishonesty but faith in humanity is restored by a wonderful demonstration of community spirit and camaraderie.
massive credit to you all, especially carl, and enjoy your razor jack!

Belgium is happy to send £10 for helping my friend Jack buying a new Feather !

I now how it can be frustrating to receive something that is not what is expected as this Ph Br sold me a crappy razor presented as a mint one ... well I can't complain, i receive something ... better than nothing

The fund was up to £205 when I shut down last night. Another £26.43 has arrived over-night - total £231.43. You are crazy, you wonderful bunch!!

So we have £231.43, a razor at a very good price with a goodie bag thrown in from an anonymous vendor - so that's £81.43 for Jack to tell us what he wants. He's sent me a PM with a vague list that I'm sure Our Vendor can work with.

There are a couple of over-night posts above that may mean more money so I'll give my address again but will close this at noon today. My username at gmail dot com.

Please do not send any more money after noon today. Closed. Ended after that!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all our contributors, anonymous, donated here in the thread and goods to go to Jack, and Boab for this space. Thank you all. I am humbled by your response to Jack.

Noon - closed!

It is truly heartwarming to see such responses and help, Jack you should keep the razor and no need to pass it around, keep it safe and enjoy it.

Jim

OK, Gentlemen and Lady, this is now closed.

Another £10 has arrived. Bank transfer is in. So we have £241.43 - a magnificent and wonderful gesture. I shall send that to OAV (Our Anonymous Vendor) for a razor and goodies and all but £100 for a gift.

Did you all go to bed with a smile on your faces last night? You deserved to! Well done TSR!

782sirbrian said:
Didn't get to the last page before I sent off £5 to the fund. I'm sure it will add to the total if an hour or two after the end of donations...

Many thanks - I'll chuck in a fiver and then spend yours later. Edit: it arrived in time and is included in the final total.

Total a bit after closing is £251.43 - staggering.

Any more contributions will go straight to my roof fund - so don't do it. Unless you want to, of course! I received two roof fund parcels today - a bottle of Lanvin Avant Garde and some 2015 tea direct from Darjeeling. I hope the rain stays away!

Caught this post yesterday and now with today's catch-up, all I can say is "Wow!". What a very generous and quick minded bunch of folk there are on this forum. Jack's story and what you all have done as a result is fantastic. Not been on here long, so I hardly know anyone. Threads like this will keep me coming back to find out who's who, who is into what and why and definitely for some advice if I get stuck.

Best wishes to you Jack and a very "Well done" to everyone who has put their hands in their pockets to put right a wrong in an amazing example of camaraderie.

Just awesome!

With the greatest respect,

Graham

Back
Top Bottom