New blade for me, Zaza, impressive...

Bored last week, I was surfing though my favourite auction site and stumbled upon a blade I'd never heard of, Zaza. Arrived very quickly, and had my first shave this morning. Smooth, sharp, and definitely on my 'favourite' list. I believe they are Turkish and I'm a sucker for good packaging, look at it, it's gorgeous!

$_57.JPG

Pity you weren't around a while back - I tried to PIF ninety-nine of these blades and ended up binning them. Hm! anyway, got shot of them. Very possibly the worst blade (singular) I ever shaved with (not been brave enough to attempt a Jewel yet).

Are they gold coloured ?
As an aside - I'm surprised none of the big players have put colouring in their teflon or similar coatings to distinguish them from the herd and also indicate when the blade is losing it's coating....

Pity you weren't around a while back - I tried to PIF ninety-nine of these blades and ended up binning them. Hm! anyway, got shot of them. Very possibly the worst blade (singular) I ever shaved with (not been brave enough to attempt a Jewel yet).
That's not surprising. I often see on this forum my opinion of things differing wildly to other peoples! The worst blade I ever had was a yellow 'Bic', but other's swear by them. I guess skin/whisker texture has alot of influence too on blade opinions...

Really good blades! I found them to be similar to Treet Platinum, but I know other people that really can't get on with them, I suppose this could be inconsistency in the blades but I've used around ten blades now and they've all been fine.

I've found that most blades that are made outside of Russia, pale in comparison to those made in it. Two major exceptions being Feathers and Personna Lab Blues. I tend not to try other countries now.

I'm not too keen on most Indian and German blades, but, the more I fiddle around with different razor and blade combinations, the more I'm inclined to to think that, although there are some really not very good blades around, even the ersatz ones can, with luck, achieve some semblance of usefulness in the "right" razor.

The main problem, as far as I'm concerned, is that I really can't be bothered to go in for structured trials. The unsatisfactory stuff finds its way to the back of the drawer, and generally gets used only if I have a "lucky dip".

YMMV at it best, will work nicely for some but not other. I am sure someone find the Chinese Fast Tiger barrel blades acceptable for something like shaving, however I suspect these will tug on anyone's beard, I mean you can pass your thumb on this daft blade and it will leave you in one piece [emoji43]

I just can't see past GSB or Astra sp. Tried most of the usual suspects and always come back to these 2. Keep a tuck of feathers just in case tho.

That's not surprising. I often see on this forum my opinion of things differing wildly to other peoples! The worst blade I ever had was a yellow 'Bic', but other's swear by them. I guess skin/whisker texture has alot of influence too on blade opinions...

I agree. I actually like the continually derided carbon steel Treet Durasharps. Yes around 5% are duff and they rust unless you look after them, but the shave for me is good.

Where did you get these from @StephenShave and do they do smaller quantities for an initial test? Thanks

And more YMMV - I love SuperMax Blue Diamond which are dirt cheap.

I've been put carbon steel blades by the Feather SE blades - they were awful. I should give Durasharps a go though as I do have some.

They are actually quite decent, but be aware based on the c50 I've used to date there is the occasional duff. It will be obvious so just whizz it and get another.

Back
Top Bottom