New Boy

Hi

Been reading things on here and decided to join in.

I don't DE shave and still use a Mach 3. I would love to try DE shaving but I have Nurofibromatosis, which means I have a couple of tumours on my face. I have learnt how to shave with them but if cut they REALLY bleed. For this reason I haven't risked DE yet, perhaps one day who knows.

But I do still enjoy good soaps, creams, balms and colognes. Currently I have some Colonel Conk Amber on the go and today some Professor Blighty's Formula 31 Coffee Shaving Cream arrived, which I must say is Superb.

I recently purchased a Trumper sample pack, which prompted me today in ordering some Rose Skin Food.

Some Floris cologne may be next on the shopping list. I ordered a Mach 3 handle from them, on purchasing I asked for them for some samples which the sent, but I can't make up my mind which one I like the best.

I also purchased a Woodhead Bowl which is excellent too.

Hello and welcome :D

A lot of people would say that upgrading to good soaps and so forth is the most important part of improving the shaving experience. Not sure that I'd quite go along with that for myself, but I very much doubt anybody here has any deep seated ideological objections to you retaining the razor you're happy with.

you could try an SE which is known to give much less cuts if any compared to a DE..but get a stiff DE blade like Gillette Extra Bleue blades..as apposed to another type of blade that would flex on your skin and can lead to cuts

B

Blades said:
you could try an SE which is known to give much less cuts if any compared to a DE..but get a stiff DE blade like Gillette Extra Bleue blades..as apposed to another type of blade that would flex on your skin and can lead to cuts

B

Thanks for that I think I will look in to that sound piece of advice. May be worth trying where there aren't tumours and progressing on from there.

Hey welcome Squire ;)

At the end of the day, you use what you feel comfortable with using - no haters here. If you feel there are areas you would feel confident on using a DE, go for it. :) But as has already been mentioned, for many it is: the prep work, a nice brush, cream/soap, post-shave & some smellies can make a huge difference to the whole experience. And at the end of the day - that's what we are all really after ;)

Back
Top Bottom