New Boy

Northam Saint said:
Thanks guys for the welcome. Must say what a nice bunch of people there are on here.

Some good advice already. Made up my mind going to try DE, but will start of by leaving the tricky bits around the tumours to the Mach3.

For the sake of a couple of pounds, a Block of Alum is a good investment, whether you be a daily user of it or whether you just use it for nicks 'n' weepers. :)

Hi & welcome Northam S , I'm with the rest who feel that whatever works for you, works. If you like the Colonel C glycerine soap drop me an address & I can send down a sample of Mama Bear Glycerine for you to try if you wish. If at some time you'd like to try an Injector razor I can also let you have a prolonged loan of my spare to see how it performs for you. I mention it as I find it even less likely to cause any nicks than the Single Edge, which is indeed, in its turn, less likely to draw claret than a DE.

& don't forget, if you decide to go for a Floris scent, if you select No 89 you'll be using the favoured aroma of the fabled Ian Lancaster Fleming himself . (Although I prefer Spanish Leather).

JohnnyO. \ :D

JohnnyO said:
Hi & welcome Northam S , I'm with the rest who feel that whatever works for you, works. If you like the Colonel C glycerine soap drop me an address & I can send down a sample of Mama Bear Glycerine for you to try if you wish. If at some time you'd like to try an Injector razor I can also let you have a prolonged loan of my spare to see how it performs for you. I mention it as I find it even less likely to cause any nicks than the Single Edge, which is indeed, in its turn, less likely to draw claret than a DE.

& don't forget, if you decide to go for a Floris scent, if you select No 89 you'll be using the favoured aroma of the fabled Ian Lancaster Fleming himself . (Although I prefer Spanish Leather).

JohnnyO. \ :D

Thanks for the kind offer of the loan, I am going to give a DE a go and see how I get on.

Would love a sample of Mama Bear, thats one on my list to try. I had a pot of Prof Blighty's Coffee Cream this week which is lovely stuff. The problem is so many to try !

Quite like No 89 but No 127 edges it for me.

I will PM you my address.

Blades said:
you could try an SE which is known to give much less cuts if any compared to a DE..but get a stiff DE blade like Gillette Extra Bleue blades..as apposed to another type of blade that would flex on your skin and can lead to cuts

B

I get it from this you recommend a single edge razor ? I have tried looking for one but can't seem to come up with anything can you point me in the right direction, brand etc, please.

I really don't know enough about this so just need a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Look for Schick Injectors and Gem or Ever Ready as popular brands of SE's.

There are also some old Wilkinson Swords & Rolls Razors which are also technically Single Edges, but probably not what you are looking for at the moment.

Personally I would go for the loaner of an Injector first and see how you get on with that, before possibly investing cash in something else :)

Back
Top Bottom