New Guy Needs Blade Help

Gordon Bennett! .......... It's not often I see the words 'Merkur Blades' and 'Satisfied' in the same sentence ..... It's almost proverbial that 99% of people can't stand them with a vengeance :D

As already stated ...... You'll have to start working your way through a few blades to see what suits your razor and face best ..... But I will throw a few subjective recommendations into the hat for you:

Feathers: Sharp as feck and can be rough as arse'oles on your face, especially in the wrong razor; although I'm not certain what the wrong razor may be with these, as I use them in my slants, R41 and ATT H2 razors.

Perma Sharps : Popular blade in Turkey and most of the best deals that can be had on Fleabay for them are from Turkey. Still a very sharp blade, but a lot smoother right out of the pack than the Feathers.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Black: Again ... a sharp blade ....... but these are very, very smooth; not only in my experience, but a lot of users seem to find them the same. These are usually sold from India and good deals can be had if you don't mind waiting a little time for them to arrive. I'm absolutely loving these, lately.

Something tells me, though, that after starting out on Merkur blades, the only way is up for you when you start experimenting ..... I tried them twice; first time was as rough as toast, second time was just in case I had a duff blade the first time. I didn't ..... took both blades out of the razor and lashed them after their second passes, both times. :D

Back
Top Bottom