NEW IKON DELUXE OPEN COMB and STANDARD HEAD

2 new ikon razors now on the ikon web site
new ikon deluxe open comb and standard head
both with new scratch proof matte finnish
ahhh xmas coming can only buy 1
which 1 to buy

looks like the deluxe wins by a whisker {lol}

that site has some very silly prices on it. $500 for a brush, that made my eyes water.

50 quid for my merkur was expensive enough and it give a fantastic shave.

in reality, are the big prices in any way justified or is it all about bragging rights and posturing?

its a genuine question, not a dig so please take it in that vein.

your right i will buy the standard head some time soon ....maybe next year or maybe tonight [ha ha]

the brushes are made to order when and if greg feels like making them, i think he just prices them to get people talking on various shave forums
i would love the jade one but i car'nt justify spending that amount on a brush !!!!!
i would rather buy 3 or 4 razors from him

he was supposed to be working on a adjustable as well as a slant
but greg is a perfectionist and it will be released when he is satisfied that its the best it can be
which will probable be this time next year

I have a standard head already, but mine is shiny.

Having just bought Tall Pauls S3S I really should have restrained but couldn't so the deluxe open comb is on its way.

That will be 5 iKons in the collection :)

Debrus said:
that site has some very silly prices on it. $500 for a brush, that made my eyes water.

in reality, are the big prices in any way justified or is it all about bragging rights and posturing?

You have asked a question that has been debated many times.
Why buy a razor costing big money when a razor in the £30.00 to £70.00 range will give you a good shave?
For me ( and I cannot speak for all) I buy them because I want one I don't buy it to show off. I have a few (?) razors some I paid a few quid for that give a good shave and others that I paid a fair bit more for but that is me.
Some people are quite happy with 1 razor, brush etc but as you may find, the shaving game can get you hooked............so be warned.......:dodgy:

missingskin said:
Debrus said:

You have asked a question that has been debated many times.
Why buy a razor costing big money when a razor in the £30.00 to £70.00 range will give you a good shave?
For me ( and I cannot speak for all) I buy them because I want one I don't buy it to show off. I have a few (?) razors some I paid a few quid for that give a good shave and others that I paid a fair bit more for but that is me.
Some people are quite happy with 1 razor, brush etc but as you may find, the shaving game can get you hooked............so be warned.......:dodgy:

indeed, i'm looking at several razors i'd like to try but not at that end of the price scale. they ar too rich for my poor pocket.

Re: RE: NEW IKON DELUXE OPEN COMB and STANDARD HEAD

Debrus said:

Because they are things of beauty I enjoy owning. I do think they give a very good shave as well.

I assume they have changed the design of the Standard Head, I can use my OSS base plate on the Feather, but it doesn't hit on my Standard head. I have quite an old Standard Head razor though so I assume the design has been updated since I got mine.

I've just looked at the website and they have indeed updated the range.

All 3 base plates, the Open Comb, OSS, and standard head are all interchangeable now.

Back
Top Bottom