NEW IKON DELUXE OPEN COMB and STANDARD HEAD

They are beautiful things, but I dont rate them any more as a shaver. And for that reason I wont be spending any of my hard earned on another one.
I might one day get another handle, but even then there are nicer ones on the market - the only thing I like is the little acid etched skull logo.
And that isnt really enough to go out and buy one.

For me it has to have function as well as form. It might be beautiful but if it doesn't fulfill a purpose then its not got a place in my life. I keep reminding Mrs Ted about this when the iRoning pile starts to creep up....

The Geordie Shaver said:
Lose the beard said:
Good to see I'm not the only one caught by the loveliness of them.

Does the OSS base interchange with the standard head. I never knew that.

You had me worried there , I had to go back to their website to check , but , yes they say it can be used with a Feather or Ikon's Deluxe or Standard razor's

Derrick

All base plates fit all iKon 3 piece razors.

slantman said:
All base plates fit all iKon 3 piece razors.

Not quite true.

All base plates fit all iKon 3 piece razors currently being sold.

Not including the original Open Comb iKon I have which is completely different, I have 3 iKon 3 piece razors, none of which have interchangeable base plates.

On the left is my standard head iKon, this has a shiny head unlike the current one.
In the middle is the S3S
On the right is the OSS

The current razors are all of the same design as the OSS, the difference being whether it is like the OSS with one side Open comb and the other side a safety bar, or whether you have both sides as a safety bar (standard head) or both sides Open Comb.

IMG_0142.jpg

LTB... is there much difference between the S3S and the OSS? Both have the same idea with the composite head, but the S3s looks more massive. Does it make a big difference to the shave? Being a bit traditional-minded I prefer the look of the standard and the OSS

OOPS... forget that... just seen your answer already on SOTD... interesting!

Back
Top Bottom