new to dslr

just a quick update
i now have a nikon d3100 with a standard lens and a 55 - 200 mm zoom
just going to play with my new toy ha ha
anybody suggest a good bag ?
thanks for everbodys help

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new gear. Bags can be hard to choose but go for a decent make. Lately I have taken a liking to Think Tank bags and pouches but Lowepro are very good too. Probably the best thing is pin down a few possibles off the web then take all your gear to a shop to try some for size but don't forget to allow room for expansion e.g filters, flash etc.

For my D3100 I found the crumpler cupcake fits it well. Totally waterproof which is great.no room for an extra lens but just room for my kindle as well so ideal for carry on to planes. Few pockets for SD cards as well. Can highly recommend a few books for it if you want?

A surprising long time....went away for aa week and charged once.best book i found is Nikon D3100 From snapshot to great shot. Really good book that takes you from the super simple to more complex stuff. Nice that its written for and with a d3100.

I bought a refurbished Nikon D3000 for my wife recently and also the book "Nikon D3000 - From Snapshots to Great Shots" by Jeff Revell, which I found excellent at going through the basics of the camera right through to the more advanced settings. I managed to learn a lot from it.

monkeytennis said:
A surprising long time....went away for aa week and charged once.best book i found is Nikon D3100 From snapshot to great shot. Really good book that takes you from the super simple to more complex stuff. Nice that its written for and with a d3100.

Or an annoyingly short time if you take a lot of long exposure shots (particularly if it's cold) - did in 2 batteries in one night this week... battery rated as 700 shots - took no more than 150 between the two batteries.

Other things that negatively affect the longevity of a charge: Much focussing and refocussing - especially with larger lenses; constant use of the LCD display; high brightness on the LCD display; low temperatures; battery nearing end of life.

So the real answer is "it depends".

Back
Top Bottom