New to the Shaving Room

Hello everyone!
I am new to the Shaving Room, please be patient with my poor english, as i am German. :)
I am 50 years old and i am wetshaving for 30 years now. For the last 25 years i used Gillette Sensor and Mach3 Razors, but for the last 5 years i am using a Merkur 34c. I have also tried Merkur 23c, 38c, recently i bought some vintage Gillette razors like Adjustable, Superspeed, Sheraton, old Styles. I like to see how they work.
Blades i use: right now i am trying to find a better Blade than the red Personna. I have a big Sampler Pack, my favourite so far is the Perma-Sharp Super.
I also use shaving products of Taylor of old Bond Street, only Aftershave Splashes, no Balm. Also Creams of ToBS.
Brushes i use coming from Shavemac, Rooney and Savile Row.
I registered here because maybe i like to buy some more vintgage razors. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I had a Simpson Persian Jar, but i like the other ones i have better. So i sold it... :)
But what is a New Forest brush? I have never heard of them.

Horus said:
I had a Simpson Persian Jar, but i like the other ones i have better. So i sold it... :)

Peter/fido on this site is also a brush maker, and a very good one too, I think ... He has had very good reviews world wide for all of his brushes and besides being very good brushes (but if you´re dead set on super dense D01 Shavemacs they´re maybe not for you though) they´re also very cheap compared to other brushes in the same quality range.
http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.com/

Horus said:

There is a little man called Fido who lives near a forest who was bought up by a family of badgers. He knows the best places to go brush picking in the forest and every few months he sells them on his blog. ;)

Horus said:

It's a good job I keep my eye on this place. My publicity machine clearly hasn't reached Germany although a few of my brushes have.

Welcome Horus

I hope you find some vintage razors and enjoy our forum.

Back
Top Bottom