New watch

"I love Patek Philippe. The right one just screams understated elegance in my book."

Oh how I would just love to have a Patek. May be one day (even though 'one day' will never arrive). God even to dream of one apparently costs. But I do love elegance in a watch. My present 'wrist wear'

Hamilton Automatic because of its simplicity

Longines Dolce Vita. Which may look nice but sits really awkwardly on the wrist so doesn't get used as much as it should. I dearly want another Longines but will have to wait.

Tissot PRS200 for most everyday wear. Great watch which has seen some stick and still soldiers on

@Reevers, absolutely love that. Where is the leather nato from? I need one...No, I want one!
Lovely stuff.

http://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/leather-nato-straps

I think my strap is "Vintage Amber" but you are spoilt for choice anyway. A few points to be aware of when ordering from this website:
* I think the prices they show do not include a 25% tax for EU orders
* Free worldwide delivery on orders over $25
* The business is based in Sweden (not the US!) so even though you must add on 25% tax, if you are ordering from The UK, you shouldn't get a processing charge from the Royal Mail

I agree - Rolex built their reputation building bullet-proof watches for gentlemen but now they make bling for cretins.
You might look at Jaeger-LeCoultre and Blancpain - Rolex quality and service without the vulgarity.
I think there are some Rolex's which are specially designed to appeal more to the vapid who care only for the bling & pricetag bragging rights, but the same can be said for several brands. My particular gripe is with many, many Breitling models (maybe that should be Brightblings).

Christopher Ward are nice watches. I have a Rapide, nice watch. But I do like my autos, I have two Orient, two Seiko Mini Monsters, two Eco-Drives, a few others two all battery ones. Favourite though has to big the Oris Big Crown. Today it's Orange Mini Monster day
4c02f6a6e49b1a9d8590dd20297c6251.jpg

Having just picked up this thread, I also have a Seiko Monster and it has barely been off my wrist for the past 6 years, its getting a bit tatty now and it looses time appallingly. But I love it.
Would you happen to know if anyone carries out a refurbishment service on this watch and if the the watch can e adjusted to compensate for the time loss.
Cheers.

I think there are some Rolex's which are specially designed to appeal more to the vapid who care only for the bling & pricetag bragging rights, but the same can be said for several brands.
I discovered the other day that none other than the Dalai Lama wears a gold Rolex with a plain oyster blue face - only he wears it face inwards on a cheap expander strap.
No doubt it was a gift and he felt it would be churlish not to accept it.

http://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/leather-nato-straps

I think my strap is "Vintage Amber" but you are spoilt for choice anyway. A few points to be aware of when ordering from this website:
* I think the prices they show do not include a 25% tax for EU orders
* Free worldwide delivery on orders over $25
* The business is based in Sweden (not the US!) so even though you must add on 25% tax, if you are ordering from The UK, you shouldn't get a processing charge from the Royal Mail
Thanks for the link. Some very interesting straps :)

Having just picked up this thread, I also have a Seiko Monster and it has barely been off my wrist for the past 6 years, its getting a bit tatty now and it looses time appallingly. But I love it.
Would you happen to know if anyone carries out a refurbishment service on this watch and if the the watch can e adjusted to compensate for the time loss.
Cheers.

I bought my Monster from http://www.yorkshirewatches.co.uk I believe they also do servicing.

Back
Top Bottom