Newbie in need of advice (UK)

danielowenuk said:
Currently using the blue tub wilkinson sword, it's not brilliant but miles better than the gillette gel I was using previously.

Will upgrade after payday :)

Yep, you need to get rid of that as it's just gunk. Get a Palmolive shave stick for 50p. You can't go wrong with that at all.

Rodger that, shave stick or shave lather?

.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256534448

.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255355258

Not allowed links so just drop a www at the start.

Definitely the first one... the shave stick. Lathers too easily to even bother describing. Great soap with gentle moisturising properties.

Much better shave tonight.

Made two changes, first was to swap the soap. Second was to make a really conscious attempt to apply as little pressure as possible.

Almost no irritation.

Much happier than last time, feels like progress.

PM me your address Daniel and I'll sort out a couple of razors for you to try along with some blades and shaving cream as a PIF.

I'm pretty sure that I've got a copy of Leisureguy's guide somewhere as well which you are welcome to have as well.

Another great shave last night, very little irritation, went out and purchased myself some witch hazel and a nicer after shave balm.

Not 100% convinced by the ASB though, hadn't realised it has an alcohol content, that was a bit of a surprise :)

One thing I found last night was I struggled to clear the razor with a quick rinse, now this could be due to the cheapness of the WS Classic razor, but are there any tips for this? Found myself having to bash it about to clear.

Interesting shave last night....

Had a bash with Andy's very kindly sent over Gillette Tech. Thanks again for that.

Went for a 2 pass WTG/WTG.... and I was still hairy as a gorilla!

I didn't expect there to be such a difference in aggression between razors, had to do a third pass and drastically change my angle.

Irritation isn't too bad, but definitely need more practice with the gillette.

Wow another shocker last night, switched to an open comb gillette from canada, switched to a Derby blade and that nearly took my head of on the first pass! Second pass has left me rather rashy, so definitely need less pressure.

Out of interest what's everyone's tactic if you nick yourself on the first pass? Just ignore it and plow on through?

Had another go with the open comb last night, drastically reduced pressure and enjoyed a much better shave.

Amazed how wildly different these have been.

Back
Top Bottom