Newbie popping in to say hello.

Hi Wayne

Welcome, I'm also new.
Don't know anything yet about DE, although I have a few en-route that I won. I'm 50 also with the name Pritchard ( Really) I've been SR for a few months for exactly the same reason as you, and now I have the bug. Cutting myself is a bit harsh but we all learn somewhere. I'm sure you'll find out about all the products you will need from the guys on here. Good luck

Welcome along matey
I don't think you can go wrong with a razorock plissoft, great brush and stupidly cheap for how good it is.
Whatever you settle on I doubt it'll be your only brush anyway haha
Kind regards

I sincerely thank you all so much for your warm welcome.

The advice and knowledge here is truly amazing.
Before I continue along with my newbie questions, may I take this opportunity to thank every single one of you who have taken time out to help others here.

I am a little long in the tooth but I am so excited to be here.

My initial thoughts prior to finding this forum was, surely nobody is as stupid as me to entertain the OLD SKOOL type of shaving.

As I have mentioned in my first post, I have become so frustrated with the price, the quality of shave and the fact that shaving has become a chore not a pleasure.

I am sat here writing to you guys (and gals) now thinking my first shave could be my own (time out).

As yet I have NO products. My intention initially was to first., Have a good shave and prevent ripping my face off. Secondly to prevent a second mortgage as the throw away blades last longer than when I sixteen. (I think we all know what I mean.) And most importantly, enjoy the task.
My shave time is usually 15 Mins MAX.

I live an extremely hectic life and as I am becoming older the more I feel, I need, desire, want, lust. Call it what you will, to have more time to be (selfish, my time, its all about me, leave me alone time?)

The amount of products now available are truly staggering.
The amount of reading I need to do reminds me of my O'LEVEL, A'LEVEL days, but this time around I want to study.

Take care all
Wayne

Warm welcome to TSR - recommend checking out the Newbie Pass Around in the Lending Pool

Thank you Reefhead for your advice.
I was unaware of the "Pass Around" opportunities in the lending pool.

Will certainly look into this.
Great idea having a "try before you buy" and extremely generous.

My concern is though?
When does this STOP :D?
I SIMPLY WANT EVERYTHING. LOL

Message to myself:
Calm down, take your time, stop wanting every razor, cream, soap, soap dish, soap bowl, pre shave, post shave, scents, etc, etc.

Do I buy OSP, Saponificio Varesino, Castle Forbes, DR Harris to name but a few.

Here is where the problem lies.
I want ALL of them.
My children will suffer but I don't care anymore. :p
They need to lose weight anyway.

Take care all. :)

Hi Wayne,
A welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland.

Personally, I find the head on the Merkur 34c HD to be just right so I now have four other Merkurs which I rotate.

Andy.

Back
Top Bottom