Next Razor - Ikon?

I currently use a Merkur 34C and very occasionally a schick injector but would would like to upgrade to something a bit more long lasting.

I am very tempted by an ikon, possibly an S3S or OSS, but was wondering about how the aggressiveness would compare to the merkur to give me an idea of what it would be like. The asymmetric head appeals as well, not least due to my bad habit of not shaving every day!

I still occasionally cut myself with the Merkur, but that is almost always due to tiredness and lack of concentration. My skin is fairly sensitive as well, the schick can be a bit close.

Any other suggestions for razors welcomed as well.

I had an ikon sk9, which is similar to the s3s, and found out quite mild compared to the 34c. It worked quite well with a feather blade where I found the 34c didn't for me.
If you like the 34c I would suggest a Merkur Progress as its still the best razor I've used IMO. It's similar to the 34c except you can go milder or more aggressive depending on what blade you are using.
I've just bought a Weber DLC and I've heard that they are fairly aggressive too. I'll let you know how I get on with it when it arrives next week.

ikon oss owner and user here....while a very nice feel to the razor,,,its not an agressive razor..as far as i am concerned,,,but feels lovely to use...currently got a feather in and 2 passes and i am clean...not bbs...yet...but time will tell

and impeccably made

I have an ikon Modern and the SK9 which has the same style of head as the S3S its a nice razor but i find there is not much difference between this and the modern, nice razors I think you will enjoy which ever one you get

Sk9 and S3S, while they may look the same, they shave totally different.

S3S is more aggressive.

Ikons are really well made, special feeling razors. Get one, you can't go wrong IMO.

Dipesh said:
Sk9 and S3S, while they may look the same, they shave totally different.

S3S is more aggressive.

Ikons are really well made, special feeling razors. Get one, you can't go wrong IMO.

That's interesting. I always thought that the S3S was a 3 piece version of the SK9. Found the SK9 to be on the mild side but it's finish was second to none and looked fantastic. A more aggressive version of it would be an excellent razor.

Back
Top Bottom