NFL Anyone?

D

Deleted Member 98532

Sunday sees my beloved San Francisco 49ers visit wembley for an NFL match up against Jacksonville Jaguars and I cannot wait!!

Is anybody else in to NFL and if so who do you support?

I used to follow it when it first made an apperance on Ch4 back in the day, even staying up to watch the odd Superbowl.

We even started a league, un-kitted mind you.
Then i tried a few games with all the pads, and yes it does hurt like a mofo when you get hit :icon_rolleyes:
All the lads followed the big teams of the day back then, Bears, Redskins, Giants etc
Me, i liked the Raiders and they're my team, i also grew to hate Elway and the feckin Broncos
Last minute winning Hail Mary's every other week.....:mad:

Patriots have been my team since 2001 when (the then unknown) Tom Brady debuted for them after Drew Bledsoe went down injured in a game against the Jets. Can't recall how I managed to stumble upon this... but remember being intrigued. They went onto win the Superbowl that year and had another two Superbowl in the same decade, 2003 and 2004 I think.

2007 was an amazing year with Tom Brady and Randy Moss breaking all sorts of records, the team went 16-0 in the regular season and they lost the Superbowl in an amazing game against the Ely Manning led Giants.

jb74 said:
Patriots have been my team since 2001 when (the then unknown) Tom Brady debuted for them after Drew Bledsoe went down injured in a game against the Jets. Can't recall how I managed to stumble upon this... but remember being intrigued. They went onto win the Superbowl that year and had another two Superbowl in the same decade, 2003 and 2004 I think.

2007 was an amazing year with Tom Brady and Randy Moss breaking all sorts of records, the team went 16-0 in the regular season and they lost the Superbowl in an amazing game against the Ely Manning led Giants.

I'm going to the States to watch the Patriots versus Denver Broncos game at Foxboro on 21st November, first ever NFL game in America and cannot wait it's going to be an awesome experience!

Been a fan since '84. Raiders for me which has been quite depressing for a while now. Started this season expecting nothing and have had two bonus wins and some positives to talk about which is good but not expecting much else this year.

Manning v Brady were typically great, great games... Denver are on the up now and Patriots are hanging in there with a mickey mouse set of receivers.

Hard one to call... I think the Broncos will win... but the Pats are capable of anything on their day.

jb74 said:
Manning v Brady were typically great, great games... Denver are on the up now and Patriots are hanging in there with a mickey mouse set of receivers.

Hard one to call... I think the Broncos will win... but the Pats are capable of anything on their day.

I recall Denver back in the John Elway days, as you say they are starting to get back to somewhere near that now, definately a team on the up.

Have been a massive Pittsburgh Steelers fan for around 30 years :icon_razz:
Followed them through the lean years of the 80's listening to the US Armed Forces Radio Network till their return to form in the Ben Roethlisberger years.
Now watching their games on Gamepass although this season is not so enjoyable :icon_cry2:
Was at the Minnesota game at Wembley. Even though the Steelers lost I had a fantastic time.

i was just thinkin i might create a nfl post btu found theres one allready, im a titans fan myself, so how do people watch it, do you try and watch all games or do you just record 1? i try an just watch what ever i can on sky sports

Mostly clear although it breaks up on occasions which is annoying when watching live (maybe a problem with my broadband rather than Gamepass itself).
You can also watch the game at a later time if you wish and with all the adverts removed so the game lasts 60 minutes not 3 hours.
Well worth it if you want to follow a specific team.

ye i follow titans its annoying that out of 3 channels they are only shown on tv once this year thats all

Seems like quite a game was had between the Pats and Broncos at the weekend.

Didn't see the game, but the headlines are saying that the Pats came back from 24 down to win in OT.

Big win against a SB favourite... go Pats!!!

Wow.. just looking at the stats, big game from Brady... but 224 yards for the Denver RB Knowshon Moreno... that's huge.

Jets fan here, reasonable start to the season before coming back down to earth.

Re gamepass as with all streamed content it will occasionally go blurred but with a fast connection more often than not it's great. I stream it though Apple TV via my ipad and often forget I'm not watching it through a regular tv channel

Back
Top Bottom