Nice lot on e-bay

historically it depended what forum you were one when you posted. Some forums would not let you post any active auction or buy it now thing until it was listed as sold on the auction site.
SOME only let you put a link to a BIN. And certain others only allowed paying subscribers to the shave forum to put a link of any type to an outside ouction.

I could never find a really good deal on eBay.
I've had a few real good deals on there but they are few and far, if we are talking razors the French ebay can be very good but not all are to be trusted, a lot of shilling going on, we're they get three mates to bid you up and if you pull out you receive a second chance to buy come through..... I wonder why!!! Mind you, you get dishonest people all over the world! Not just the French!

I've had a few real good deals on there but they are few and far, if we are talking razors the French ebay can be very good but not all are to be trusted, a lot of shilling going on, we're they get three mates to bid you up and if you pull out you receive a second chance to buy come through..... I wonder why!!! Mind you, you get dishonest people all over the world! Not just the French!

Wow, really? I didn't think a modus like that is happening on eBay. Thank you for the heads up, I appreciate that. I can be a little too trusting and naive at times.

Wow, really? I didn't think a modus like that is happening on eBay. Thank you for the heads up, I appreciate that. I can be a little too trusting and naive at times.
It happened to me last night, I got a message saying I had a second chance offer on a razor, I had pulled out when the bids came in fast and now they want to give me a second chance, yea because one of their mates ran me up and got stuck with it! So I politely told them where to put their razor! :) ebay in the beginning was fab but now you are very lucky to get a genuine bargin but they do come along from time to time.

It happened to me last night, I got a message saying I had a second chance offer on a razor, I had pulled out when the bids came in fast and now they want to give me a second chance, yea because one of their mates ran me up and got stuck with it! So I politely told them where to put their razor! :) ebay in the beginning was fab but now you are very lucky to get a genuine bargin but they do come along from time to time.

Lol, good on you mate. The gal on those guys. Good thing you got wind of it fast. I too had my suspicions with some items I've been watching. Did you report them? I hope eBay bans the creeps.

But...doesn't that mean that you were maybe just a pound or so below the winning price and your second chance offer is them offering you to buy it for what you bid? :)

I'd say the lesson here is to not get caught up in bidding wars and only bid an amount you are truly willing to buy an item for ;)

This is why I use gixen almost 100% of the time. I enter my highest amount and then forget about the auction until it has ended.

N
Lol, good on you mate. The gal on those guys. Good thing you got wind of it fast. I too had my suspicions with some items I've been watching. Did you report them? I hope eBay bans the creeps.
no I didn't report. Them, ebay wouldn't do much anyway, I think they are more crooked than anybody , as long as they make there money they couldn't give one. :) you need your street smarts out there, that's why I love to buy from fourm members, because they are good people with good prices and we don't try to gain profit just a fair price.

But...doesn't that mean that you were maybe just a pound or so below the winning price and your second chance offer is them offering you to buy it for what you bid? :)

I'd say the lesson here is to not get caught up in bidding wars and only bid an amount you are truly willing to buy an item for ;)

This is why I use gixen almost 100% of the time. I enter my highest amount and then forget about the auction until it has ended.
Why didnt the winning bidder pay for the razor and await delivery? Why was it offered to me after it had been won by someone else? LE con men. Shilling ,goes on all the time and I did set a limit and did not go above what I wanted to spend , far too easy to get caught up in a bidding war and end up being run up and stiched up like a kipper!

Why didnt the winning bidder pay for the razor and await delivery? Why was it offered to me after it had been won by someone else? LE con men. Shilling ,goes on all the time and I did set a limit and did not go above what I wanted to spend , far too easy to get caught up in a bidding war and end up being run up and stiched up like a kipper!

Oh, don't get me wrong - it could very well be that the winner was simply there to 'bid it up' but if you got a second offer to buy it wouldn't you be just a pound or so below the winning bid as the 'runner up' - and isn't the offer always what you actually bid?

Oh, don't get me wrong - it could very well be that the winner was simply there to 'bid it up' but if you got a second offer to buy it wouldn't you be just a pound or so below the winning bid as the 'runner up' - and isn't the offer always what you actually bid?
Oh yes the offer is what I had already bid and then was out bid and because I did not fall in to the trap they were left holding a razor they didn't want so a day later offer it to me for my last bid. But because some dishonesty had taken place With the shilling I am no longer interested in dealing with someone who given the chance would have kept bidding me up and having me over, so his loss if he wanted a fixed price he should have sold it as BIN . Honesty , not too much to ask....if I ever sell on eBay I have to send everything recorded delivery because of the " I didn't receive it chancers" that's why I love to deal with honest folk on the fourm, us wet shavers are trustworthy! :)

Back
Top Bottom