Nightmare shave!

So I geared up to have my second shave with a new DE blade, in my Wilko classic. Prepped well with the warm water and pre-shave lotion. Then I got to the Proraso cream and dropped half of it on the floor when trying to screw the lid back on, lost most of it and had to start again.

Cut a spot on my chin which wouldn't stop bleeding too on the pass with the grain, skin felt really raw when rinsing off, almost as if I had squeaky sounds when wiping the face.

Not a good shave today!

My worst ever shave has to be one from about three months ago: all prepped and ready - grab the razor and it slips from my hand and lands on my bare foot and the hard, tile floor. My big toe hurt like hell and the teeth on the open comb hit the tiles (of course). Bent two of the teeth badly, and here am I - face full-o-suds, hopping around the bathroom swearing like a maniac, and unable to use my busted razor!
Luckily I had a spare disposable razor in my kit, but I will remember that morning for a long while. I guess I should be grateful it wasn't a straight ϥ still have ten toes.
~

DPTC said:
So I geared up to have my second shave with a new DE blade, in my Wilko classic. Prepped well with the warm water and pre-shave lotion. Then I got to the Proraso cream and dropped half of it on the floor when trying to screw the lid back on, lost most of it and had to start again.

Cut a spot on my chin which wouldn't stop bleeding too on the pass with the grain, skin felt really raw when rinsing off, almost as if I had squeaky sounds when wiping the face.

Not a good shave today!

Ouch, sound like a bad experience. It will get better.

Yeah, have had to only do one pass with the grain with a couple of touch up strokes to stay safe, have avoided cutting open any more spots in the meantime, had the last shave in the evening after a shower which does help.

Back
Top Bottom