Nominate the best brush under £10

There probably isn't one

Sure you will find so thing useable but even if you own only one price £10-20 is a cheap price to find so thing you can use every day of the week and looked after can last years

Kent infinity silvertex ISS01 gets a regular mention. A fairly small brush that can be demoted to travel duties if one grows out of it. I have no comparative experience, but regard it as good value.

Re: RE: Nominate the best brush under £10

cheesepiece said:
Horse brush from bestshave is the best value brush IMO. £2 from Turkey.

I have it now for two month, it's just lost it's horse bum odour but it keeps shedding, will it ever stop?

It bring up excellent lather and very soft to boot.

I love my Vie Long Professional no. 2 boar / horse mix:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-25690.html

It probably isn't the best you can buy for less than a tenner, but it's the best that I own in that price range and gets used most days at the moment.

Shemen Zait said:
cheesepiece said:
Horse brush from bestshave is the best value brush IMO. £2 from Turkey.

I have it now for two month, it's just lost it's horse bum odour but it keeps shedding, will it ever stop?

It bring up excellent lather and very soft to boot.
Mine never shed a hair.
If it did I mightn't be tempted to get another.

If we're ignoring carriage, my vote's for the Omega 11047 boar and badger. Small, the right side of scritchy and a superb performer. Hard to come by - my two (1 saved, still boxed) from West Coast Shaving, the other side of the pond.

The horse hair brush from Bestshave is a bit hit and miss, the first one I ordered was great, the following two weren't. Both were very thin and felt very cheap and nasty, so got binned. Not good enough for a pif even.

I understand Tesco will be giving away horse hair brushes to promote their burgers! ( sorry couldnt resist... Beware of the voices lol).
Jim

PhilD said:
Kent infinity silvertex ISS01 gets a regular mention. A fairly small brush that can be demoted to travel duties if one grows out of it. I have no comparative experience, but regard it as good value.

Yeah, it's around a tenner. I've been using one for the past few weeks and get on with it very well. At first, I found face lathering splattered, so thought I'd just use it as a bowl latherer, but as I've progressed with it, I find it fine for all manner of techniques.

The fibres are springy, so just press harder and understand that if you load it with water, it will dump all the water in one go. Beyond that, perfectly good. Very soft, too.

I was recently given an Omega 20102, just over a tenner at connaught's - http://connaughtshaving.com/20102.html

I've only used it a couple of times but it feels great and the handle is solid.

I have the following brushes at a tenner or just under :

Omega Pro 48
Omega 80080
Vie-Long Horse
Kent Infinity

All are very good brushes and I now also use the Kent for face lathering - I find over loading it helps with using it on the face and I can now get a really nice lather out of it but out of the 4 listed it would come bottom.

The other 3 are all excellent brushes and all you would ever need to get a really good shave - possibly just prefer the 80080 over the other 2 but it's very close.

I've got a body shop brush if you want it - it came free when I bought some shaving cream so that is the cost to you sir (I forgot I had it until I read this thread). I don't use it so if you want it I am happy to stick in a Jiffy bag if you PM your address

Back
Top Bottom