Noob with sensitive skin

J

jim morrison

Hi

I'm deciding to give DE shaving a go since I'm sick of paying through the nose for disposables. The thing is I have really sensitive skin and need to find something that will be kind to it.

After doing a bit of reading, I see a lot of people recommend the Gillette Tech for both noobs and people with sensitive skin. Could anybody point me in the direction of somewhere or somebody that could sell me one of those?

Welcome to the forum.
Other things are no less important for an irritation free shave - namely, quality of lather (I always recommend Speick products - very easy to lather and gives lots of protection) and the blade you're using (get some Astra Super Platinum on eBay). Now, the Tech - it works for some, but didn't work for me. Yes, it's mild, but that means you'll need to put a lot of work into your shave! If you shave daily it's not a big deal, otherwise you'll really see the difference trying to get rid of a couple day long stubble.
I would recommend trying an Open Comb - when technique is right it's just as mild, yet it can handle any sort of stubble with ease. Merw's got one for sale right now: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-21370.html

Hello guys. I'm a daily shaver, should probably have mentioned that too. Thanks for the tips :)

Hi and welcome to TSR

I read somewhere on the Buy Sell Trade thread that someone had some techs for sale recently, suggest you search though the thread and see if you can find who.

Simon

Scswalex said:
Hi and welcome to TSR

I read somewhere on the Buy Sell Trade thread that someone had some techs for sale recently, suggest you search though the thread and see if you can find who.

Simon

Found it look for user name ajc347

Hello. Welcome to the shaving room. I'm selling an aluminium tech right this very moment on eBay. I can end the auction now and send it to you if you want it and haven't already found another razor. It's shave ready and I've found it to be excellent and has single handedly reignited my passion for mild razors. PM for details if you're interested. I'll gladly throw in a couple of my favourite blades and maybe even a big ol' brush if you want a decent start in DE life.

Back
Top Bottom