Not a Newbie but a Returner

Hi all

I'm not new to wet shaving nor to this forum, but I haven't posted or even visited for around 2 1/2 years or so. Didn't stop wet shaving but just didn't do is as often. I got lazy and started to rely on my electric razor more and more.

With everything going up in price, recently I started looking at my stock of razors, soaps and blades. Made me start thinking that I should really start to make use of it and get back into wet shaving again.

Going to had a good shave later using my old go-to trusted gear:

- Ikon Tech
- Perma Sharp blade.
- Vitos red
- Vitos aftershave lotion
- Vitos pre-shave menthol cream. I use this post shave though.

Speaking of Vitos, I understand that the red shaving soap is now discontinued??? Is this correct? I loved this. I still have a good 2/3 of a block left. It is about 4 years old now though and has gone a bit dry (no dodgy smell though). Is it still good to use?

Hi all

I'm not new to wet shaving nor to this forum, but I haven't posted or even visited for around 2 1/2 years or so. Didn't stop wet shaving but just didn't do is as often. I got lazy and started to rely on my electric razor more and more.

With everything going up in price, recently I started looking at my stock of razors, soaps and blades. Made me start thinking that I should really start to make use of it and get back into wet shaving again.

Going to had a good shave later using my old go-to trusted gear:

- Ikon Tech
- Perma Sharp blade.
- Vitos red
- Vitos aftershave lotion
- Vitos pre-shave menthol cream. I use this post shave though.

Speaking of Vitos, I understand that the red shaving soap is now discontinued??? Is this correct? I loved this. I still have a good 2/3 of a block left. It is about 4 years old now though and has gone a bit dry (no dodgy smell though). Is it still good to use?
As long as it lathers ok it should be fine to use.

As long as it lathers ok it should be fine to use.

Well just gave it a shave. Performance is still there, but no scent whatsoever.

Welcome back, if I may say so having joined in the interim period. You must have missed it, falling back to electric?
Thank you.

As I said, was me getting a bit lazy but was also to do with just generally not taking care of myself as well as I used too. Exercised less, gained a bit of weight and went back to the convenience of an electric razor. Trying to turn it back around and seeing my hundreds of blades, a few razors and tubs of soap in the bathroom drawer drew me back in.

Just had the first wet shave in probably 5/6 months. Technique a little rusty but managed no nicks or cuts.

Welcome back.

Thank you ::)

Welcome Home Minions GIF

Hello and welcome back to TSR. :)

Paul.

Welcome back!

Hello and welcome back to TSR. (y)

Welcome back

A warm welcome back to TSR

Welcome back @Snail

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys.

A warm return and welcome again from here.

Anyone who has an Ikon Tech and calls it 'trusted' gets a massive kudos to you from me. You must eat nails for breakfast
Haha nope just off brand weetabix for breakfast me.

I’m a one pass with the grain shaver so the Ikon Tech with a good blade gives me a nice close shave. Any more than one pass or xgrain/against grain with even the mildest razor gives me razor burn.

Back
Top Bottom