Not a Newbie but a Returner

It has been almost a month now.
How are you finding your return to wet shaving? Are you enjoying it? Do you miss anything about your previous routine?
It’s been good so far.

Bought myself a new boar brush whilst holidaying in Lisbon and also got a new straight razor before Lisbon. Tried the straight before I went on holiday and it was nice to use. Will probably give it another go today.

I do miss the convenience of an electric razor but having that nice quiet time to shave with a DE or a straight is also nice.

It’s been good so far.

Bought myself a new boar brush whilst holidaying in Lisbon and also got a new straight razor before Lisbon. Tried the straight before I went on holiday and it was nice to use. Will probably give it another go today.

I do miss the convenience of an electric razor but having that nice quiet time to shave with a DE or a straight is also nice.
I never used an electric but like many of those on here I find the process of lathering etc. involve with a wet shave DS/SE relaxing and a nice calm way to start the day.

I am currently having a new bathroom fitted and it is frustrating not to have that relaxing time by myself, but hopefully soon!

Yeah taking the time to maintain and use a straight razor and have that 15 minutes of focus and calm is the whole point for me. Although Monday to Friday is DE or SE time, because weekdays are hectic by definition. Which makes a weekend shave with a straight that little bit more special. Even if the SE does give better results faster. You can't beat a quarter of an hour of silence with an open blade.

Back
Top Bottom