NUFC going down.....

.......and I reckon a season or 10 in the Championship is the best place for a team with obvious issues with tactics, management, attitude and owner. I thought that our losing twice to the Mackems in the season was our usual old pals act to help keep them in the Prem. I say that tongue in cheek cos we are a team in freefall. Obviously I would prefer that we stay up....regroup....settle things down....start winning games. But at this stage of the season, the difference between staying up and going down could rest on a refs decision or a stroke of luck....or bad luck. Still going to get my season ticket for next season....whichever league that may be.

If you feeling a bit down in the dumps you can perk yourself up by reminding yourself you don't support Sheffield United.

Think Newcastle bad luck x 100!

Haha, we last won the league in 1992. If my memory serves me correctly, the last time you boys won it was in 1927. Im not really sure whats going on ( or not ) at NUFC but its a fuster cluck at LUFC. Never a dull moment eh.

Suspect NUFC will be OK... For this season at least.

Everything seems to have gone a bit mad since Wotshisname (Ashley?) bought the club! Oh well. Norwich have been in the championship this season and its quite nice not expecting to lose every game, so its not all bad!!!

How about three relegations in three consecutive seasons like my Bristol City in the 80s. That not a great record to hold.

Sunderland's remaining fixtures will probably ensure Newcastle's premiership status for next season Frankie. Look on the bright side.

You never know, this season might be the straw that broke mr Cashleys back, we may find ourselves in Sports Direct's bargain bin. Its a damn shame what happening at the club, it seems that a lot of the players are just turning up for their wages, getting silly suspensions and coupled with quite a few injuries and lack of investment the club is in serious trouble. The squad isn't big enough to inspire competition for team places. The problems are going to take a lot of fixing and investment. If we survive this season it will be a miracle as most of the team seem to have given up. Sad times indeed.

Jim

Now is the time for everyone at NUFC to stand up and be counted. Let your commitment and desire to stay in the Prem be shown on the pitch....not in letters to JC. Heaven forbid what Jackie Milburn is making of it all as he watches from above. You got us in this situation.....you have to get us out.

As a Sunderland fan it would be amusing for you to go down.
But seriously I think it could be the best thing for you.
I'm really a rugby league fan , castleford. We got relighted a few years back, the first time in 80 odd years. It was hard at the time. But we'd been hovering close to relegation a lot in the latter years Nd team was full of dead wood.
Relegation let us get rid of all the rubbish, we got then rebuilt and had a season winning nearly every game, which breeds confidence.
Last year we were one win off finishing top and got to the cup final.
I know it's slightly different with the money involved. But you could do with a big clear out starting at the top

Back
Top Bottom