NUFC on the brink of relegation.....

.......and wor lass has blinked first! Emotions are running high in the Abbott household. I personally think that i'm coping quite well all things considered. But the light of my life cannot take any more of my thirst for all things NUFC and changing moods.
She's going to Benidorm with her sister and leaving me until things get back to normal, (whatever normal is in our house). Last time we went down, normality didn't return for around 8 months. (Doc wanted me to start on anti depressants)!!!

Naw...it's only a game......more important things to worry about in life. Isn't there?

Pah!

You think you're hard done to?

You want to try following a non-league team.

We finished the season on minus 132 goal difference, relegated (again) and have a £100,000 HMRC bill to pay.

joe mcclaine said:
Pah!

We finished the season on minus 132 goal difference, relegated (again) and have a £100,000 HMRC bill to pay.

:icon_razz: Unlucky! Who do you support?

If we had lost yesterday we would have been relegated. Hopefully Swansea will do us a favour tonight but really it doesn't matter. I'll still get to matches if we are relegated and there might be more chance of us winning.

A thoroughly pissed off and depressed Sheffield United fan here.

Shite chairman making shite decisions appointing shite managers who play shite football and selling any player who shows any promise as soon as possible to the earliest (and therefore probably the lowest) bidder. Being a Blade is about as far from being a 'glory fan' as it's possible to be.

The Mackem Shaver said:
joe mcclaine said:
Pah!

If we had lost yesterday we would have been relegated. Hopefully Swansea will do us a favour tonight but really it doesn't matter. I'll still get to matches if we are relegated and there might be more chance of us winning.

Hucknall Town.

Next year we're in the Northern Counties East League (Premier Division) playing the likes of Bridlington, Tadcaster Albion, Thackley, Staveley Miners Welfare, Glasshoughton Welfare, Nostell Miners Welfare and Lincoln Moorlands Railway.

That's level 9 in old money.

We have been smashed 13-0, 10-0 and 8-0 as well as lots of 4-0 and more. It has been a long ... very long season.

joe mcclaine said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
joe mcclaine said:
Pah!

Hucknall Town.

Next year we're in the Northern Counties East League (Premier Division) playing the likes of Bridlington, Tadcaster Albion, Thackley, Staveley Miners Welfare, Glasshoughton Welfare, Nostell Miners Welfare and Lincoln Moorlands Railway.

That's level 9 in old money.

We have been smashed 13-0, 10-0 and 8-0 as well as lots of 4-0 and more. It has been a long ... very long season.

I really should get over to Durham City some time, they're Northern League Div 1 (that's level 9 too). They got into the unibond premier a couple of seasons ago and their sponsor pulled out so they had to sell the players and take on kids from the local 6th Form Centre and finished with no points but two wins.

I'm relieved that Sunderland should be safe now unless Arsenal somehow manage to lose to Wigan.

Wigan lose to Swansea......phew. Similar goal difference to the Toon. We might need 4 points from 2 games. Or win one game by a cricket score!!

The Mackem Shaver said:
I really should get over to Durham City some time, they're Northern League Div 1 (that's level 9 too). They got into the unibond premier a couple of seasons ago and their sponsor pulled out so they had to sell the players and take on kids from the local 6th Form Centre and finished with no points but two wins.

We were in the Unibond Prem at the same time, I was at the home game.

Heartbreaking to see their results each week. Must've been really bad for long-time supporters.

Fingers crossed that they have found a sustainable level now.

I feel Hucknall need another couple of drops - maybe even to the Notts Senior League - before we can start to hold our own and eventually break even.

Back
Top Bottom