Nutri bullet

I've got the Breville Active Blend, far more convenient for me as it comes with sports bottles that I can take to work.

I've had all sorts of juice combo's some minging others lovely!
Oh and its a third of the price of the Bullet!

A mate has just got one and loves it.

I checked out the Nutribullet, Magimix Le blender, Kitchen Aid and Vitamix.

Finished up with the Magimix (currently £129) from here http://www.go-electrical.co.uk/tag/product/list/tagId/172

Lovely people to deal with.

Main reason for the MM was warranty, price, reputation, ease of cleaning, ease of use and we have a local Magimix approved service agent who does the warranty work for our region who I spoke to before buying and he said he never sees them back for repair.

My neighbour saw ours......and had one herself within a week.

Nishy said:
Any good recipes?

An unlimited variety of fruit and/or veg smoothie concoctions with some unusual ingredients.

Also made Mango Lassi with a twist.

And a drinkable breakfast mix.

Let me know if you would like details.

Mango lassi now were talking i know this is a stupud question but you cant have put it in whole with the stone right?
Also what was the twist?

Some large Tesco superstores do Laila Kesar Mango pulp in big tins. Otherwise just use tins of chunks/pulped Mango wherever you can find them.

Milk, mango pulp from the tin, plain natural yoghurt, several ice cubes, ....the extra that makes it a bit unusual is to add a generous scoop of a decent ice cream and/or Baileys Irish Cream and/or Camp coffee essence. Add extra ice cubes when complete.

Nishy said:
Mango lassi now were talking i know this is a stupud question but you cant have put it in whole with the stone right?
Also what was the twist?

I don't have a Nutribullet but do use a juicer and blender every morning. You can't juice or blend a mango stone, but as an alternative to fresh mango I'm sure frozen mango could be used. It's available in most supermarkets. For a sweet smoothie I'd juice some apple and citrus fruit then blend with natural yoghurt and frozen fruit.

I've taken a look at the Nutribullet website and it looks good but I prefer the versatility of having both juicer and blender. Some of my juices are quite savoury including peppers, broccoli, celery etc. - things I'd rather juice and blend with avocado than eat all together as a thick smoothie.

To be honest ive been at the parents all week whilst they are away and they have a nutri bullet. I have been using it daily. The mango stone was a dumb moment (dont worry i didnt try it) but these blades could probably cut through it.

It does act more like a juicer but if I use more fruit to water I get a thick smoothie. Favourite blend so far is apple, cinnamon, honey and water. It cuts the cinnamon perfectly.

Nishy said:
It does act more like a juicer but if I use more fruit to water I get a thick smoothie. Favourite blend so far is apple, cinnamon, honey and water. It cuts the cinnamon perfectly.

Sounds delicious! Instead of water I'd have thought you could use ice cubes. I normally blend three or four in otherwise the smoothie is too thick, and because it's ice not water it keeps things nice and cool. :cool:

Good idea with the ice. Its my first time with the bullit, but I made a wild watercress, wild garlic, nutmeg, mushroom, sea salt and black pepper soup in 10mins and it was lovely.

Gazpacho for lunch tomorrow with la bamba in the background!

Back
Top Bottom