Occams Hiram Commander

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Today I used my Hiram Commander and realised that it is a Razor rarely seen on SOTD.Guess I was one of the lucky ones who got one with no alignment problems.
It is a rather huge and weighty piece of kit, but surprisingly that seems to disappear once in the hand during a Shave. In fact is is for its size quite agile.There is a resemblance to a Cobra, and I brought this to replace my King Cobra and performance wise the Hiram is tons better.
Today’s Shave was on a 2 dot plate with a fresh Proline blade, and the finish was satisfyingly ultra close in all areas.
I had thought of passing the Hiram on, but after today’s Shave think the cuts to my armoury should be elsewhere.
Does anyone else use The Hiram Commander ? Any thoughts.

7729FF2B-2BC8-489F-A8A0-92B802030093.jpeg

It's a great razor. I was intimidated by its weight initially but it seems to disappear in use. It's not a razor I'd easily consider letting go of.

My only annoyance with the Classic Shaving floating blade design is the fitment if some Proline P-30 blades. There's sometimes a slight tab at the end of these blades when they're cut during manufacture. This makes them fractionally longer than a standard AC blade. Not a problem in most razors but the fixed edges of the Classic Shaving head causes the blades to bow. No problem with Kai or Feather blades though.

Back
Top Bottom