"Old" Coates.

I have a couple of sandalwoods, lime and almond. And they should last me a while yet. If you get the chance to use some of this stuff, try it. When I do run out I'll try the new formulation. If that comes near, I'll be delighted. Seems like creams in a pot, and soaps for that matter can be used after many years in storage and still be as good as ever they were.

This may be one for the soap maker, but I just read here, or on another site, that soaps actually are better after they age for awhile.
From my earlier trails at soap making I know that it takes awhile for the initial chemical reactions to take place but I'm not sure they really age like wine?

By all accounts, that 'old' Coates is some seriously nice shaving cream. A quick scan on the other forums shows that many, if not all the pots in use have dried to some extent but that's not stopping them being used.

My only experience of Coates is the new Limited Edition Tea Tree (and Paint Stripper) cream . . . which I did not like one tiny bit.

Oh no.

No Siree.

I have an old pot of Sandalwood which I dig out once in a while. It is a very nice cream, and even though it has dried a bit, it is still very useable.

The Tea Tree Ltd edition cream was also very good, but then came the face tingle and that was the end of that.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom