Old Spice Fresh Lime

There's a lot of love for OS Lime here. I don't get it.

To me it just smells the same as the Indian formula OS original - both remind me of Johnson & Johnson baby wipes. Very powdery. (Okay if you're aiming for BBS, I suppose.)

I'm sure that the Indian formulation is markedly different from the stuff my Dad used to splash on (and I pinched) about 20 years ago, which was fantastic. Or perhaps my olfactory senses have changed over the years.

Anyway, the first person to post a reply on this thread can have my plastic bottle.

Edit: That's if I haven't chucked it out already :? . At my folks' house at the mo; will have a look when I get back.

when i first smelled it, i was expecting a big hit of lime, it's very subtle though, the indian stuff is much better than the stuff produced now as that smells like "Magic Tree" Car Freshners !!

The lime we have now is lovely. Just a pain that we can't order from Paul anymore as I wish I had more

Naked Ape said:
There's a lot of love for OS Lime here. I don't get it.

To me it just smells the same as the Indian formula OS original - both remind me of Johnson & Johnson baby wipes. Very powdery. (Okay if you're aiming for BBS, I suppose.)

I'm sure that the Indian formulation is markedly different from the stuff my Dad used to splash on (and I pinched) about 20 years ago, which was fantastic. Or perhaps my olfactory senses have changed over the years.

Anyway, the first person to post a reply on this thread can have my plastic bottle.

Edit: That's if I haven't chucked it out already :? . At my folks' house at the mo; will have a look when I get back.

If you want to get rid of it I'll take it off your hands.

T [Gannet Squadron]

How much of a burn are people getting from this after shaving? I've used it a few times since I received it last week and I'm finding it's giving me one hell of a sting, almost feels as if it's burning and my face goes pretty red after using it. Tends to settle down after about 10-15 mins and feels okay after that. It's not something I've experienced with other aftershaves, saying that the others I've only really used all contain menthol (Proraso, Aqua Velva) so are cooling.

Yellow Jim said:
How much of a burn are people getting from this after shaving? I've used it a few times since I received it last week and I'm finding it's giving me one hell of a sting, almost feels as if it's burning and my face goes pretty red after using it. Tends to settle down after about 10-15 mins and feels okay after that. It's not something I've experienced with other aftershaves, saying that the others I've only really used all contain menthol (Proraso, Aqua Velva) so are cooling.

That kick is why I like it so much . Does'nt suit everybody though.. Tends to sort out any problems I've had , before I'd put aftershave balm or moisturuser , now slap on some OS and it sorts me out.

moodymick said:
Don't like the sound of that Jim, don't like the sound of it at all :( Think you'd better stop using it and sell it on ;)

:lol: Will I get any impartial advice?

Damian Murphy said:
That kick is why I like it so much . Does'nt suit everybody though.. Tends to sort out any problems I've had , before I'd put aftershave balm or moisturuser , now slap on some OS and it sorts me out.

It's not so much the burn really, it's the fact that it makes my skin red and blotchy for a while after I use it. That sound normal?

I seriously don't know what to make of it? Maybe something in it doesn't agree with my skin? I'm going to give it a go for a bit longer, but if it carries on like the first few tries, I'll be getting rid I think.

Is the redness an irritation ? or is it just a red flush where the aftershave was applied ? As the Old spice does its thing my face does go a little red I think but just for a very short time. Just a healthy manly glow :lol:

+1 general redness on neck but it clears after about 5 or 10 mins. I think it's down to the fact that you're slapping 62% alcohol onto freshly shaved skin. Most of my Ass do this I'm sure except Proraso.

Okay Y/Jim, impartial advice you say ? Do what we all did in the sixties, throw out the OS (if you're feeling really wild mix it 50 / 50 with Bacardi & ply a mate with it) ; now get some Brut & be a man my son !

JohnnyO. ;)

Back
Top Bottom